Net Application execution problem by Domain Users

Hi,

i am having one more problem which is , my domain users cant execute
one applicaiton which is installed by one website

those files are copied automatically into the temp folder of that user
but one file which is editor.exe, .ocx and other related files does
not get started...

while onthe other hand administrator or similar users if go through
the same procedure then one splash screen appears of that application
and application get started...

i want that when such issue raise than domain users can execute such
application ......... this might be the problem of user rights
............ if such then please let me know.....
how to set such rights for domain usr i hv created one group for those
couple of domain users.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Net-Application-execution-problem-Domain-Users-ftopict547122.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1729286

I think it would be better to contact the vendor of this application and
request all the details about required user rights and permissions.

--
Dmitry Korolyov [d__k@removethispart.mail.ru]
MVP: Windows Server - Directory Services

"onjani" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am having one more problem which is , my domain users cant
> execute one applicaiton which is installed by one website
>
> those files are copied automatically into the temp folder of
> that user but one file which is editor.exe, .ocx and other
> related files does not get started...
>
> while onthe other hand administrator or similar users if go
> through the same procedure then one splash screen appears of
> that application and application get started...
>
> i want that when such issue raise than domain users can
> execute such application ......... this might be the problem
> of user rights ............ if such then please let me
> know.....
> how to set such rights for domain usr i hv
> created one group for those couple of domain
> users.

Hi,

It is definitely a permissions issue. I am not sure what you mean by
"installed by website". Regular Domain users have no access to
install applications. Have you tried installing manually and then just
giving writes to the specific files needed?

Cheers,

Lara

"lforbes" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is definitely a permissions issue. I am not sure what you
> mean by "installed by website". Regular Domain users have no
> access to install applications. Have you tried installing
> manually and then just giving writes to the specific files
> needed?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lara

hi,
i think u didn’t got the problem. this is the scnario....what is
happening

it means that, on website loads some .exe, .ocx and other files for
the application to launch into the temp folder of that particular
user.

this files will be downloaded when we go that website and after
reaching to the particular page and when we click on particular link.
initially it will take some time for the first time for launching of
that application due to installing/downloading the components needed
by the application.

then one splash screen of that application will come for a while and
then it will give us the application area for our work.... this is
only possibel into the Administrator/s a/c or group.

when domain user tries the tools for that application will be
downlaoded to the temp folder of that user and after that there is no
response from the application.

"onjani" wrote:
> hi,
> i think u didn't got the problem. this is the scnario....what
> is happening
>
> it means that, on website loads some .exe, .ocx and other
> files for the application to launch into the temp folder of
> that particular user.
>
> this files will be downloaded when we go that website and
> after reaching to the particular page and when we click on
> particular link.
> initially it will take some time for the first time for
> launching of that application due to installing/downloading
> the components needed by the application.
>
> then one splash screen of that application will come for a
> while and then it will give us the application area for our
> work.... this is only possibel into the Administrator/s a/c or
> group.
>
> when domain user tries the tools for that application will be
> downlaoded to the temp folder of that user and after that
> there is no response from the application.

Hi,

This is still a permissions issue. You need to find out what other
files/reg keys it is trying to write to that the Domain Users haven’t
got write access to.

Try inctrl5 to run as an administrator and then run the webpage
application and then run again to "log" any downloads or changes. It
may help.

http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/downloads/inctrl5.zip

Cheers,

Lara

"lforbes" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is still a permissions issue. You need to find out what
> other files/reg keys it is trying to write to that the Domain
> Users haven't got write access to.
>
> Try inctrl5 to run as an administrator and then run the
> webpage application and then run again to "log" any downloads
> or changes. It may help.
>
> http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/downloads/inctrl5.zip
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lara

hi, is there any other way that doman users can also use that
application

is it possible to give them administrative rights. ...

waiting for your reply

thanks

"onjani" wrote:
> hi, is there any other way that doman users can also use that
> application
>
> is it possible to give them administrative rights. ...
>
> waiting for your reply
>
> thanks

Hi,

The application is not for Domain Users. It is a testing application
so you can figure out what files and registry keys need accessing and
then give the users "write" access to those keys and files.

Giving users Admin access is not recommended. I am sure with a little
troubleshooting you can figure out what files and registry keys need
access for your app to work under domain users.

Cheers,

Lara

"lforbes" wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The application is not for Domain Users. It is a testing application
>so you can figure out what files and registry keys need accessing and
>then give the users "write" access to those keys and files.
>
>Giving users Admin access is not recommended. I am sure with a little
>troubleshooting you can figure out what files and registry keys need
>access for your app to work under domain users.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Lara

its not the testing application its live project from which we are
using the application and usin that application (bulk mail jeneration
application from remote server) we carry out our work. while domain
user cant access that application ....

waiting for your reply..... i hv given complete scnario.... what is
happening at what stage.....

waiting for your reply.