lockdown the Terminal Server desktop with policy?

our goal is to lockdown the Terminal Server desktop on a Windows 2003 server
so that our Term Users only login to the Term Server and it immediately
launches an application (no icons on the desktop; no Run command, etc.).
What is the best way to do this? Is Mandatory Profiles on the Term Server an
option or do I have to do this via Group Policy?
1 answer Last reply
More about lockdown terminal server desktop policy

    Hi Pearl,

    FYR.

    How to lock down a Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 Terminal Server
    session
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278295

    br,
    Denis

    "Pearl" <Pearl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > our goal is to lockdown the Terminal Server desktop on a Windows 2003
    server
    > so that our Term Users only login to the Term Server and it immediately
    > launches an application (no icons on the desktop; no Run command, etc.).
    > What is the best way to do this? Is Mandatory Profiles on the Term Server
    an
    > option or do I have to do this via Group Policy?

Policy Desktops Terminal Server Servers Windows