I have experienced a strange problem. If i use IE most text is all in
proportion to the window and is readable but a odd thing occurrs when I acess
certain web sites now. The text appears large and for example my btmail logon
window password and login box are massive. When I type in the text the
letters are huge. I also have a similar problem with the opening wind of
Norton 2005. The frirst window should be colourfull in the graphical sense
but because the text is so big it disappears below the bottom of the window
and there is no way to expand the box. If I log off user (me) one the log on
to user two (wife), we are both able to administer the laptop, I can open IE
and there are no large fonts and the same for Norton window and all is
normal. Entering text in the bt mail password page is the correct size. For
the life of me what is the reason for these anomolies. I run no junk
programmes and this PC is squeky clean and all up to date.
I have tried all the business about changing DPI etc but this does not solve
the inherent problem.
Is it registry or a known glitch.

Any help would be appreciated,
thamseman

"thamesman" <thamesman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have experienced a strange problem. If i use IE most text is all in
> proportion to the window and is readable but a odd thing occurrs when I
acess
> certain web sites now. The text appears large

Perhaps try..

How to Restore the Windows Default Fonts
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q234749

Requires a registry edit so make sure you make a backup and a restore point
first

Well I discovered the problem. Nothing to do with registry etc, but a setting
in Accesibility Control panel. Some how the High Contrast large was enabled
so disabling the handicap feature restored all to normal.
Thanks