Password security policy

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

Hello,

Currently, we have a password policy defined at the domain level. We are
trying to impose tighter password policy for a group of users, what would be
the best and easiest way to do so? thank you in advance. (w2k sp4)

We are
> trying to impose tighter password policy for a group of users, what would
> be the best and easiest way to do so? thank you in advance. (w2k sp4)

Create a new domain. Differing account policies is one determining factor as
to whether to create another domain or not.
You can have only one account policy per domain. Creating a password policy
on an OU will have no affect when logging onto the domain. Account policies
applied at the OU level only take affect when logging in locally on a
computer in the OU the account policy is applied to.

If the domain has sensitive enough information for a tighter password policy
not applying that password policy to the entire domain amounts to the admin
creating a security hole.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Henry" <Henry@fake.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>

> Currently, we have a password policy defined at the domain level. We are
> trying to impose tighter password policy for a group of users, what would
> be the best and easiest way to do so? thank you in advance. (w2k sp4)

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

Thanks. DOH, it's not what I expected!