Password security policy

Hello,

Currently, we have a password policy defined at the domain level. We are
trying to impose tighter password policy for a group of users, what would be
the best and easiest way to do so? thank you in advance. (w2k sp4)
2 answers Last reply
More about password security policy

    We are
    > trying to impose tighter password policy for a group of users, what would
    > be the best and easiest way to do so? thank you in advance. (w2k sp4)

    Create a new domain. Differing account policies is one determining factor as
    to whether to create another domain or not.
    You can have only one account policy per domain. Creating a password policy
    on an OU will have no affect when logging onto the domain. Account policies
    applied at the OU level only take affect when logging in locally on a
    computer in the OU the account policy is applied to.

    If the domain has sensitive enough information for a tighter password policy
    not applying that password policy to the entire domain amounts to the admin
    creating a security hole.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Henry" <Henry@fake.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >

    > Currently, we have a password policy defined at the domain level. We are
    > trying to impose tighter password policy for a group of users, what would
    > be the best and easiest way to do so? thank you in advance. (w2k sp4)

    Thanks. DOH, it's not what I expected!

    "Danny Sanders" <Danny.Sanders@NO-SPAMcpcmed.org> wrote in message
    > We are
    >> trying to impose tighter password policy for a group of users, what would
    >> be the best and easiest way to do so? thank you in advance. (w2k sp4)
    >
    > Create a new domain. Differing account policies is one determining factor
    > as to whether to create another domain or not.
    > You can have only one account policy per domain. Creating a password
    > policy on an OU will have no affect when logging onto the domain. Account
    > policies applied at the OU level only take affect when logging in locally
    > on a computer in the OU the account policy is applied to.
    >
    > If the domain has sensitive enough information for a tighter password
    > policy not applying that password policy to the entire domain amounts to
    > the admin creating a security hole.
    >

    > hth
    > DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
    >
    > "Henry" <Henry@fake.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>

    >> Currently, we have a password policy defined at the domain level. We are
    >> trying to impose tighter password policy for a group of users, what would
    >> be the best and easiest way to do so? thank you in advance. (w2k sp4)

Policy Security Microsoft Windows