SoU: Portal room

I'm in the ruins, trying to activate the portal. I figured out that the
crystal ball tells you which pillar to activate in sequence, but after
the first one with the torch, they all look the same. I tried noticing
the floor pattern, but that looks the same too. Are these visions
supposed to help me, or is just guessing?
2 answers Last reply
More about portal room

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm in the ruins, trying to activate the portal. I figured out that the
    > crystal ball tells you which pillar to activate in sequence, but after the
    > first one with the torch, they all look the same. I tried noticing the
    > floor pattern, but that looks the same too. Are these visions supposed to
    > help me, or is just guessing?

    Consider the fact that you can actually drop items.

    Peridot wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm in the ruins, trying to activate the portal. I figured out that the
    >>crystal ball tells you which pillar to activate in sequence, but after the
    >>first one with the torch, they all look the same. I tried noticing the
    >>floor pattern, but that looks the same too. Are these visions supposed to
    >>help me, or is just guessing?
    >

    > Consider the fact that you can actually drop items.

    Now that's clever! :)

    Thanks!

Portal Games Video Games