Help with assigning applications to install

We've always had problems assigning programs to a computer and are
having it again with Office 2003. Here is the latest example:

We have the admin install in a directory on a Windows 2000 server
called Office2k3. That directory is a sub-directory of pc_software which
has these share permissions:

Domain Admins - Full
Domains Users - Change
PC we want to install office to - Read

The actual Office2k3 directory has these permissions:

Domain Admins - Full
PC we want to install office to - Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read

To install Office, went to Active DI rectory Users and Computers,
right-clicked on the domain and selected Properties, clicked on Group
Policy, clicked on the policy for our office, clicked "Edit". Under
COmputer Configuration, went to Software Settings, then Software
Installation.

Next, right clicked and chose Package, then "Assigned", picked the .msi
file, then clicked on "Advanced published or assigned". Picked the .mst
file under the modifications tab and under security, only gave
permission to the computer to which we are trying to install Office.

After many reboots, the Office 2003 does not occur before you log into
the PC. What accounts still need to be added? I don't want to make the
security too loose.

Steve

Hi,

On my Server the Office install Share has System, Administrator and Domain
Computers Groups = Full Control and Users = Read. My Users don't need
anything but "read" access as Office doesn't need write access for users.

On the local machine we install it to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
which has Users = Read, System = Full Control and Administrators = Full
Control.

Works fine. What are the event viewer errors on the local machine? On
restart does it do the "installing managed software"? Is there something
wrong with the MST file?

Cheers,

Lara