Artifacting/Freeze-ups/Crashing with XFX 7600GT

I've recently built a new pc, to try to keep up with the gaming market and I'm having problems with my new video card. I have a ticket open with XFX, but I was hopeing you guys could give me any other things to try/test.

I can do day to day stuff ie. surfing the web, watching small videos etc. without any problems.

Problem: Running bf2142 I get artifacting and screen cut-out/pc shutdown after about an hour of playing. Running 3DMark06 the pc goes into like a sleep mode and reboot at the end of the deep freeze test. Running PassMark Performance Test I get artifacting, screen cut-outs and pc lockups 80% of the time after 3D test # 4. A couple of times I have made it to the results of that tester.

I have tried:
- Reloading the nvidia drivers. I have tried the orignal drivers that came with the card, 93.71 and 93.81 beta drivers.
- I have tried all these tests on just mobo, 1 HD and Video card with the same results to try to exclude the PSU. CoreCenteer only shows a .10 variation in the +12V rail during all these tests.

As far as I can tell the heat of the card never passes about 63C. The CPU temp never exceeds 47C.

My PC specs:
Core 2 Duo 2.4 e6600
2 GB DDR2-667 DC Patriot RAM
MSI 945P Neo3-F Mobo
WD 160GB SATA HD
Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU
XFX Nvidia 7600GT video card
SB X-Fi 5.1 sound card

I open to any suggestions at this point. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about artifacting freeze crashing 7600gt
  1. After doing some tests with XFX support, they agreed to RMA the card. We will see what they find.

P.S. Im 99% positive its the card, as Im now borrowing a 7900 gs from a friend and using the same drivers, it passed all the performance/benchmark tests just fine.
  2. Glad to see your RMA is already being handled. Please PM me the ticket or RMA number and I can keep a watchful eye on it though the RMA process.

XFX Support
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics