Holy Avenger + Divine Might + high charisma

> All but unstoppable ?

Pretty much yes...

Holy Avenger is OK but not the best one handed weapon available. Against
evil its +5 with +d6 divine so quite good.

Divine Might is OK but only increases weapon damage.

If you have a Paladin / Warior of Torm the following works quite well, I use
it on every tough fight and am pretty unstopable.

Eagles Splendor (+1d4+1 CHR)
Aura of Glory (+4 CHR bonus)
Death Ward (I'm paranoid)
Protection form Evil 10' Radius (+2 AC / +2 Saves)
Aid (+1 to hit, +d8 HP)
Bless (+1 to hit)
Divine Might (+chr bonus to weapon damage)
Divine Wrath (+3 to hit / dmg)
Divine Favour (+1 to hit / dmg for every 3 levels)
Bulls Strength (+1d4+1 Str)

Holy Avenger

Smite Evil if appropriate.

Some of the above only seem to stack if cast in the right order and I cast
lowest powered first in case they run out before I've finished.

While the paladin is never quite as good in combat as a true fighter with
all the buffs from abilities and spells they are all but unstoppable for a
few rounds of combat.

Against undead start with Lay on Hands (with HUGE CHR bonus) and they are
going to be dead in about 2 rounds.

Demi Lich in HotU lasted 2 combat rounds against the above tactic.

I don't powergame like this in PnP but its fun in NWN : )