Where are my profile options?

Stumbling block #2..

I want to set up folder redirection (which doesnt work even though Ive set
the share permissions and doublechecked everything and gone through various
guides, but that aside), I'm going through some MS documentation to setup
Roaming Profiles in conjunction with Folder Redirection.

However, the guide specifies items to be set in:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles

But I don't even have this, all I have in ..\System is Logon, Disk Quotas,
DNS Client, Group Policy, Windows File Protection

Do I need to download an add-on adm or something? Any help, as always is
much appreciated

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!
--------

Hm, upon checking the webt I can see that there are a number of adm's
available with various options and some already in the INF folder. How do I
incorporate these into the GP editor? Its all seeming to get far too
complicated...

"Chris Hagon" wrote:

> Stumbling block #2..
>
> I want to set up folder redirection (which doesnt work even though Ive set
> the share permissions and doublechecked everything and gone through various
> guides, but that aside), I'm going through some MS documentation to setup
> Roaming Profiles in conjunction with Folder Redirection.
>
> However, the guide specifies items to be set in:
> Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles
>
> But I don't even have this, all I have in ..\System is Logon, Disk Quotas,
> DNS Client, Group Policy, Windows File Protection
>
> Do I need to download an add-on adm or something? Any help, as always is
> much appreciated
>
> -------
> Tech Admin
> West Midlands, England
> Stressed and Tired!
> --------

>However, the guide specifies items to be set in:
>Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User
Profiles

>But I don’t even have this, all I have in ..\System is Logon,
>Disk Quotas,
>DNS Client, Group Policy, Windows File Protection

You just need to upgrade your Windows ADM files to the newest ones.
Don’t worry about "overwriting" the current ones unless you have
made any changes. You can download at MS. Just copy ADM’s into
C:\Windows\inf directories on all DC’s and machines running
adminpak.msi (or C:\Winnt\inf)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=92759d4b-7112-4b6c-ad4a-bbf3802a5c9b&DisplayLang=en

I have tips on setting up profiles on my website
http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000

Folder Redirection is REALLY dependent on DNS working properly. Make
sure your DNS is working properly
http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/dns.htm
Make sure you have created the Folders first through AD accounts and
if running windows 2003 make sure you changed the SHARE (not NTFS)
permissions on the server to Everyone=Full Control.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-profile-options-ftopict551012.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1749746

hi Lara,

this is really really helpful - thank you so much. It is much appreciated
and cleared up my problem

Thank you!

Chris

"Chris Hagon" wrote:
>hi Lara,
>this is really really helpful - thank you so much. It is much
>appreciated
>and cleared up my problem

I am so glad you solved your problem. That is great. It can be really
confusing when Folder Redirection doesn’t work.

Cheers,

Lara