Single HDTV Input Connection Question

Hi,

I'm a newbie to all this, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a
way to connect both my dvd and my new Charter HDTV box to a Sony TV
with only one HDTV input. Is there some sort of HDTV cable splitter
you can buy for this type of situtation?

Thanks!
Holli
5 answers Last reply
More about single hdtv input connection question

    What model # is your Sony?

    On 10-Jun-2004, wolliworld@aol.com (wolliworld) wrote:

    > I'm a newbie to all this, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a
    > way to connect both my dvd and my new Charter HDTV box to a Sony TV
    > with only one HDTV input. Is there some sort of HDTV cable splitter
    > you can buy for this type of situtation?

    I bought a nice automatic switcher (with manual override) that takes four
    devices to one output. It will even handle converting optical audio to/from
    SP/DIF (coaxial).

    Audio Authority model AA1154
    See it here:
    http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/1154.asp

    Works well for me. I have my Motorola STB connected directly to my Denon
    receiver (input: TV). I have the switcher connected to input DVD. Connected
    to the switcher is my XBox and DVD player (and, coming soon to a theater
    near you: my OTA STB!)

    There are others, but when I was researching it this ione looked the best.
    I've had it for a couple of months now and I'm very happy with it. It
    automatically switches based on signal, input priority, etc.

    --
    Chris

    Munged email. To reply by email (each "word" a letter):
    see jay bee are oh oh kay ee [AT] em ess en [DOT] see oh em

    Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up getting the JVC JXS111 HD
    Compatible Component Video Switcher from Amazon. It got really good
    reviews too. Thanks!

    > Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up getting the JVC JXS111 HD
    > Compatible Component Video Switcher from Amazon. It got really good
    > reviews too. Thanks!

    How much?

    I bought one last week from http://www.svideo.com/com3.html

    $89.99 NIB, US warranty with free UPS shipping

    it arrived without issues and works fine

    allows 3 component + L/R audio inputs to be switched into one output and 2
    S-video+composite+L/R audio's to the switched into a second output... sadly
    it doesn't do this at the same time... you can select only 1 of the five (3
    component, 2 s-video) channels at once.

    but hey, now I have my HD monitor connected to a an HD cable STB, ATSC STB
    receiver, progressive DVD and X-Box HD.

    For only $60 more you could of had the Audio Authority 1154. It sense which
    input is active instead of having to do manual switching. It also has
    SPID/F optical and coax in.

    "Randy Sweeney" <rsweeney1@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "wolliworld" <wolliworld@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up getting the JVC JXS111 HD
    > > Compatible Component Video Switcher from Amazon. It got really good
    > > reviews too. Thanks!
    >
    > How much?
    >
    > I bought one last week from http://www.svideo.com/com3.html
    >
    > $89.99 NIB, US warranty with free UPS shipping
    >
    > it arrived without issues and works fine
    >
    > allows 3 component + L/R audio inputs to be switched into one output and 2
    > S-video+composite+L/R audio's to the switched into a second output...
    sadly
    > it doesn't do this at the same time... you can select only 1 of the five
    (3
    > component, 2 s-video) channels at once.
    >
    > but hey, now I have my HD monitor connected to a an HD cable STB, ATSC STB
    > receiver, progressive DVD and X-Box HD.

HDTV Connection Home Theatre