Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Can't paste passwords in windows login screen

Tags:
  • Policy
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 9:28:03 PM

We use Password Safe to store passowrds for our various servers.
At one point we were able to paste the password into the login screen. That
has been disabled by some security patch. How can we re-enable that ability?

More about : paste passwords windows login screen

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:24:24 PM

I don't ever remember being able to paste into the Windows logon screen...
that was the point of pressing CTRL ALT DEL--that you know that ONLY Windows
will respond to that key combination.

Another suggestion, if you wanted to auto-login the computer (at the console
itself) edit hklm\software\microsoft\windowsnt\winlogon, autoadminlogon=1,
defaultusername=username you wanted, defaultpassword=password for that
account

Ken