Offline Folders - Folder Redirection - Other Share

We had some hardware problems with a NAS-cluster, wich resulted in a
change of User Homedirectory shares. The old shares aren't reachable
anymore.
Everything is just fine for the normal users, but we have some major
issues with some remote users wich uses Folder Redirection and Offline
Files (Windows 2000 SP4 laptops).

The folder redirection of My Documents won't work. The policy change on
all the normal users works just fine so the Policy itself works also
fine, but on the laptops I see an error in the eventviewer.

Event-id: 106
Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The full source
path was \\serverold\usershare\. The full destination path was
\\servernew\usershare\. At least one of the shares on which these paths
lie is currently offline.

To trick the client we have made an alias in DNS and WINS from
serverold to servernew, but this had the result the following message:

Eventid: 1000
The Group Policy Client-side extension was passed flags (0) and
returned a failure status code of (4350).

I find that a way to solve this problem is recreate userprofiles, but
for more than 60 remote users all the way to the country (Netherlands
is this case) is almost out of option.

Question 1: At a normal Group Policy Change of Folder Redirection in
combination with Offline Files both the old and new location has to be
available at the same time, is this correct?

Question 2: Is there anyway tot trick the system? We can't restore the
old location, but we can maybe trick it with a location with the same
name, but on this moment it won't work. Maybe because things like ACL's
are different from the old location?

TIA..

Hi,

I think for 1, yes. This KB may be revelant to you.

The Folder Redirection Feature Does Not Function
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274789

Looks like the only way is to recreate the profiles.

br,
Denis