SoU: Dead Wind

Was I supposed to find something along the way to fight this thing? My
weapons don't seem to affect it, so I don't know if I'm quite ready to
in the room with it yet.

On the other hand, the room right before it, with the walls that appear
and disappear, that slowed down my game literally to a stop, until
reloading a few times got it running smooth again. So it's possible I
missed something on that floor, since I couldn't even move while I was
there.

John Salerno wrote:
> Was I supposed to find something along the way to fight this thing? My
> weapons don't seem to affect it, so I don't know if I'm quite ready to
> in the room with it yet.

The green light around it comes and goes. When the light is there, it's
invulnerable. When the light isn't there, it's vulnerable.

Kish wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>>Was I supposed to find something along the way to fight this thing? My
>>weapons don't seem to affect it, so I don't know if I'm quite ready to
>>in the room with it yet.
>

> The green light around it comes and goes. When the light is there, it's
> invulnerable. When the light isn't there, it's vulnerable.

Wow, that was fairly easy when the light was gone. Ranged weapons are so
great! :)

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> Was I supposed to find something along the way to fight this thing? My
> weapons don't seem to affect it, so I don't know if I'm quite ready to in
> the room with it yet.
>
> On the other hand, the room right before it, with the walls that appear
> and disappear, that slowed down my game literally to a stop, until
> reloading a few times got it running smooth again. So it's possible I
> missed something on that floor, since I couldn't even move while I was
> there.

Someone else already answered your question so I won't repeat it. I must be
just slightly ahead of you; I just finished that area yesterday. I couldn't
believe how the maze room slowed my PC down and that was with a new Radeon
X800 card even! It seems like there must be some kind of memory leak in
that scenario. I had to save and exit twice to get through it.

Soldier Boy wrote:

> Someone else already answered your question so I won't repeat it. I must be
> just slightly ahead of you; I just finished that area yesterday. I couldn't
> believe how the maze room slowed my PC down and that was with a new Radeon
> X800 card even! It seems like there must be some kind of memory leak in
> that scenario. I had to save and exit twice to get through it.

Exactly the same for me. In fact, one time when I reloaded, the screen
stayed black for a good minute or so, and out of desperation I pushed
the ESC key and suddenly the game loaded and it ran smoothly again. Very
strange, but I was definitely glad to get out of that room.