Allow an user to create shaes on a server

Hi,

I need to allow an user to create shared folder on a server through the
Group Policy. the server is a domain controller and just this one that is why
i can't put the account in an "admin" group.

Thanks for your help!!

Ebk
2 answers Last reply
More about allow user create shaes server

    "" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to allow an user to create shared folder on a server
    > through the
    > Group Policy. the server is a domain controller and just this
    > one that is why
    > i can't put the account in an "admin" group.
    >
    > Thanks for your help!!
    >
    > Ebk

    The following should help you...
    * Share creation restrictions. Access to share operations such as
    creating a share, changing share information, and deleting a share,
    are controlled by security descriptors. On a server, administrators
    can decide who can/cannot perform certain share operations. For
    example, on a file server, administrators should be able to delegate
    or remove Power Users to create file shares. The ability to
    create/delete shares is controlled by a ACE in the security
    descriptor, where Power Users can be added/removed from the security
    descriptor to allow or deny the ability.
    The security descriptors are stored in the registry by SRV service,
    under
    LanManServer\DefaultSecurity, as following: . SrvsvcShareFileInfo,
    REG_BINARY: Permission to control access on file share operation.

    . SrvsvcSharePrintInfo, REG_BINARY: Permission to control access
    on
    print share operation.

    . SrvsvcShareAdminInfo, REG_BINARY

    Cheers,

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-user-create-shaes-server-ftopict553520.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1756585

    "Jorge_de_Almeida_Pinto" wrote:

    > "" wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I need to allow an user to create shared folder on a server
    > > through the
    > > Group Policy. the server is a domain controller and just this
    > > one that is why
    > > i can't put the account in an "admin" group.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help!!
    > >
    > > Ebk
    >
    > The following should help you...
    > * Share creation restrictions. Access to share operations such as
    > creating a share, changing share information, and deleting a share,
    > are controlled by security descriptors. On a server, administrators
    > can decide who can/cannot perform certain share operations. For
    > example, on a file server, administrators should be able to delegate
    > or remove Power Users to create file shares. The ability to
    > create/delete shares is controlled by a ACE in the security
    > descriptor, where Power Users can be added/removed from the security
    > descriptor to allow or deny the ability.
    > The security descriptors are stored in the registry by SRV service,
    > under
    > LanManServer\DefaultSecurity, as following: . SrvsvcShareFileInfo,
    > REG_BINARY: Permission to control access on file share operation.
    >
    > . SrvsvcSharePrintInfo, REG_BINARY: Permission to control access
    > on
    > print share operation.
    >
    > . SrvsvcShareAdminInfo, REG_BINARY
    >
    > Cheers,

    Thanks for your help!

    unfortunately, i gave full control on the two registry keys and it doesnt
    give the right to share folders?

    thx

Policy Domain Controller Servers Windows