Can execute my .vbs logon file locally but not through gro..

I am having a bit of trouble with a logon script I created. I can execute it
locally after I am already logged in and it does everything it is supposed to
do. However, when I add the .vbs file to User Configuration/Windows
Settings/Scripts (Logon/Logoff)/Logon, it does seem to execute. I've
refreshed the policy and restarted my machine several times. Nothing. But
again, if I execute the file locally on my machine it does everything from
mapping drives to installing printers. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Where did you place your .VBS file? I believe the script file has to be in
a folder within the policy. When you're in the window you'd add the script,
click "Show Files", and drop the VBS file in there. That might do the trick
for you.

HTH

Ken

"K-Rug" <K-Rug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a bit of trouble with a logon script I created. I can execute
>it
> locally after I am already logged in and it does everything it is supposed
> do. However, when I add the .vbs file to User Configuration/Windows
> Settings/Scripts (Logon/Logoff)/Logon, it does seem to execute. I've
> refreshed the policy and restarted my machine several times. Nothing. But
> again, if I execute the file locally on my machine it does everything from
> mapping drives to installing printers. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

what is the full command you are calling from the policy?

>I am having a bit of trouble with a logon script I created. I can
>execute it locally after I am already logged in and it does
everything
>it is supposed to do. However, when I add the .vbs file to User
>Configuration/Windows Settings/Scripts (Logon/Logoff)/Logon, it does
>seem to execute.

Hi,

Just to let you know that VBS startup scripts don’t work for me. I was
told that the engine that "runs" them doesn’t start until after the
startup script section so they don’t get run. The VBS Logon scripts
run great.

Make sure all scripts are in the Netlogon share (sysvol-scripts)

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-execute-vbs-logon-file-locally-polic-ftopict554599.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1763722