Can execute my .vbs logon file locally but not through gro..

I am having a bit of trouble with a logon script I created. I can execute it
locally after I am already logged in and it does everything it is supposed to
do. However, when I add the .vbs file to User Configuration/Windows
Settings/Scripts (Logon/Logoff)/Logon, it does seem to execute. I've
refreshed the policy and restarted my machine several times. Nothing. But
again, if I execute the file locally on my machine it does everything from
mapping drives to installing printers. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about execute logon file locally

    Where did you place your .VBS file? I believe the script file has to be in
    a folder within the policy. When you're in the window you'd add the script,
    click "Show Files", and drop the VBS file in there. That might do the trick
    for you.

    HTH

    Ken

    "K-Rug" <K-Rug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having a bit of trouble with a logon script I created. I can execute
    >it
    > locally after I am already logged in and it does everything it is supposed
    > do. However, when I add the .vbs file to User Configuration/Windows
    > Settings/Scripts (Logon/Logoff)/Logon, it does seem to execute. I've
    > refreshed the policy and restarted my machine several times. Nothing. But
    > again, if I execute the file locally on my machine it does everything from
    > mapping drives to installing printers. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

    what is the full command you are calling from the policy?

    >I am having a bit of trouble with a logon script I created. I can
    >execute it locally after I am already logged in and it does
    everything
    >it is supposed to do. However, when I add the .vbs file to User
    >Configuration/Windows Settings/Scripts (Logon/Logoff)/Logon, it does
    >seem to execute.

    Hi,

    Just to let you know that VBS startup scripts don’t work for me. I was
    told that the engine that "runs" them doesn’t start until after the
    startup script section so they don’t get run. The VBS Logon scripts
    run great.

    Make sure all scripts are in the Netlogon share (sysvol-scripts)

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-execute-vbs-logon-file-locally-polic-ftopict554599.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1763722