Understanding the essence of group policy

I have 2 accounts - 1 should have ultimate admin ie access to everything,
the other should be limited as much as possible. I spent ages implementing
the changes in the gpedit.msc window whilst in the user account I wanted to
limit only to log back into the admin account to find that all my changes
applied to my admin account as well! I'm sure I'm not the first person to
have done this but it makes me realise its not as obvious as it first
looks...so what is the correct way to implement the changes to user account
types - ie user type: user to limit it further without affecting the admin
account at all?

I posted this link on your earlier thread as well, but wanted to make sure
you see it, as I think it covers what you need to know about the lockdown
you're trying to implement.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsXP/AdminTips/Miscellaneous/LockdownbygroupusingLocalComputerPolicywithoutActiveDirectory.html

Mike Shepperd
MCSE NT4, 2000, 2003