New 8800GTX

16 answers Last reply
More about 8800gtx
  1. Just a sticker slapped on the reference design. Rather get myself a lifetime warranty from BFG or eVGA.
  2. Quote:
    Just a sticker slapped on the reference design. Rather get myself a lifetime warranty from BFG or eVGA.

Exactly.
  3. Not according to OCZ PR departement =)

Quote:
    Binned to perfection! Take your gaming to the next level with the OCZ NVIDIA GeForce 8800® 8800 GTX 768MB PCI Express® graphics card featuring the world's first DirectX® 10 GPU and a powerful unified architecture that delivers an incredibly realistic gaming experience. Each and every 8800 GTX card offers more overclocking headroom thanks to premium GDDR3 memory and a special screening process in which only the best complete cards make it to market.

I am just a little bit curious to see if it actually change something. There was speculation that OCZ might by big amounts of chipset/memory at a lower price, bin it and sell the remaining to other manufacturers.

I don't think it's that likely but I am a little bit curious nonetheless
  4. This is their first card into the GFX market correct?
  5. Quote:
    This is their first card into the GFX market correct?

yea
  6. Quote:
    Just a sticker slapped on the reference design. Rather get myself a lifetime warranty from BFG or eVGA.

Exactly.

Well said. I had the same BFG fx5800 ultra burn out 4 times from not seating in the AGP slot properly. They had good 24x7 support and let me RMA/replace the card each time. Of course, I had to pay shipping, but $5 is nothing to get a brand new [refurb/recert] card back. :)
  7. Quote:

Unless one of those has something better than OCZ or costs less, I don't get your point. All 3 have a lifetime warranty.
  8. Will have to wait for some1 to buy one and OC the ram to see if its true...

So far all 8800 are ref designs right?
    (only changes have been on cooling for evga acs3 and bfg wc)
  9. Quote:
    Will have to wait for some1 to buy one and OC the ram to see if its true...

So far all 8800 are ref designs right?
    (only changes have been on cooling for evga acs3 and bfg wc)

From what I have seen (and I don't claim to be close to knowing for sure) they all appear to be reference design. Usually, nVidia likes to have 3rd party use the ref design, then they get the go-ahead to tweak features as they see fit.

BTW...nice signatures... :)
  10. Well I was just posting OCZ's 8800, as I heard some mentioning about it before.
  11. All the same, but I would go for the best warranty like BFG and Evga as the guys mentioned it above.
  12. OMGWTFBFGSAUCE

Included in the 8800gts for BFG
  13. Yeah, the stickers are cool touch, too bad I can't afford it. :cry:
  14. I got mine at Compusa. If you by the $40 warranty, you can return the card upto one year later and get a full refund.
  15. Quote:

Unless one of those has something better than OCZ or costs less, I don't get your point. All 3 have a lifetime warranty.

OCZ has a lifetime warranty but are pretty strict on what counts as under warranty and what doesn't when it comes to GPUs. eVGA lets you take off the stock cooler, volt mod, overclock or sell it to someone else and still retain warranty with no questions asked. If you ever have to deal with OCZ regarding a warranty on something other than a PSU they will make it tough compared to BFG or eVGA who will usually cross ship a new card for a deposit which you will get paid back in full soon after your card arrives at their warehouse and the serial and model numbers are verified.

I also guess I kind of meant I would rather go with a more recognized card manufacturer in case of an issue requiring tech support or driver updates from a company other than Nvidia itself.
  16. Quote:
    All the same, but I would go for the best warranty like BFG and Evga as the guys mentioned it above.

Since all three have lifetime warranties, BFG=Evga=OCZ.

Edit: just saw tool 462's post and that makes Evga the better way to go.

With that in bind, you can get the EVGA 8800GTX for 519 + shipping from Microcenter.

There's also a $30.00 rebate, which would bring the price down to 489 + shipping ($6.00 for ground $9.00 for 2nd day). Seems like a great deal if you're inclined to spend that much on a card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards OCZ Graphics Product