Scandisk and Defrag

AC

The previous system admin set a group policy for our Win2k domain in which it
will not to allow normal users (domain users) local admin rights. In staying
with this policy, can I alter any sections of Group policy that will allow a
user to run scandisk and/or defrag? Currently only local admin or domain
admin can run these. I'd like to have the user be able to do this task also.

Thanks,
AC

Hi,

This is a privilege issue, not a group policy issue. You have to give them
administrative rights to do the job.

Or you can use other method or use third party tools to schedule the tasks
running under system context or administrative privilege.

br,
Denis

"AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The previous system admin set a group policy for our Win2k domain in which
it
> will not to allow normal users (domain users) local admin rights. In
staying
> with this policy, can I alter any sections of Group policy that will allow
> user to run scandisk and/or defrag? Currently only local admin or domain
> admin can run these. I'd like to have the user be able to do this task
also.

> Thanks,
> AC

on 11/07/2005, AC supposed :
> The previous system admin set a group policy for our Win2k domain in which it
> will not to allow normal users (domain users) local admin rights. In staying
> with this policy, can I alter any sections of Group policy that will allow a
> user to run scandisk and/or defrag? Currently only local admin or domain
> admin can run these. I'd like to have the user be able to do this task also.
>
> Thanks,
> AC

you can use diskeeper
this does allow a user to start a defrag from the mmc

grtz

--
just a suggestion:

d;-p