Auditing User. Like a Timestamp

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

Now, I have setup logon/logoff audit in a GPO and setup the Screensaver
lock after 30min.

Is there a way to refine it. Bascially I need to know when a user leaves for
the day. If the user initiates the logoff, I see it. But I don't have anyway
to know when he left. Most users leave their systems open until the
Screensaver lock kicks in.

Is there something I might need to run like a script?

Thanks for all the help!!

Roger

In news:70B9E884-266F-446C-A6C9-EA21727BFF0D@microsoft.com,
Roger <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hi,
>
> Now, I have setup logon/logoff audit in a GPO and setup the
> Screensaver
> lock after 30min.
>
> Is there a way to refine it. Bascially I need to know when a user
> leaves for the day. If the user initiates the logoff, I see it. But
> I don't have anyway to know when he left. Most users leave their
> systems open until the Screensaver lock kicks in.
>
> Is there something I might need to run like a script?
>
> Thanks for all the help!!
>
> Roger

OT, but if you make it company policy that all users must log out at
night/end of day, and someone doesn't, you can make this an HR issue instead
of a technical one.