Folder Redirection...

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 13, 2005 6:44:02 AM

I'm beginning to wonder how anyone has the patience to configure GPs... but
to business!

I had a shared folder on a server. I was redirecting 'My Documents' to this
folder. However, I notice it was doing offline synchronization - how do I
turn this off? Also, I moved the share to where the My Docs is being
redirected. Edited the GP, made sure permissions were set etc - and yet
logging on with an Acc in that OU still looks for the old share??

Configuring these GPs seems to be three steps forward two steps back - does
everyone else need a PhD or am I just thick?

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!
--------

More about : folder redirection

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 7:09:01 AM

Hi Chris,

All redirected folders are available offline by default.

You can enable "Do not automatically make redirected folders available
offline" under "User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Network |
Offline Files"

By enable this setting, users must manually select the files they wish to be
made available offline.

Regards,
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 7:21:02 AM

Hi

thanks for posting this response and pointing me in the right direction.
However, the ad account is still looking for the redirected My Documents in
the old location that is no longer in the GP - any ideas why this would be?

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!