Folder Redirection...

I'm beginning to wonder how anyone has the patience to configure GPs... but
to business!

I had a shared folder on a server. I was redirecting 'My Documents' to this
folder. However, I notice it was doing offline synchronization - how do I
turn this off? Also, I moved the share to where the My Docs is being
redirected. Edited the GP, made sure permissions were set etc - and yet
logging on with an Acc in that OU still looks for the old share??

Configuring these GPs seems to be three steps forward two steps back - does
everyone else need a PhD or am I just thick?

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!
--------
3 answers Last reply
More about folder redirection

    Hi Chris,

    All redirected folders are available offline by default.

    You can enable "Do not automatically make redirected folders available
    offline" under "User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Network |
    Offline Files"

    By enable this setting, users must manually select the files they wish to be
    made available offline.

    Regards,

    Hi

    thanks for posting this response and pointing me in the right direction.
    However, the ad account is still looking for the redirected My Documents in
    the old location that is no longer in the GP - any ideas why this would be?

    -------
    Tech Admin
    West Midlands, England
    Stressed and Tired!
    --------

    "VMM" wrote:

    > Hi Chris,
    >
    > All redirected folders are available offline by default.
    >
    > You can enable "Do not automatically make redirected folders available
    > offline" under "User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Network |
    > Offline Files"
    >
    > By enable this setting, users must manually select the files they wish to be
    > made available offline.
    >
    > Regards,

    Chris,

    Try the following article:
    How to Restart the Offline Files Cache/Database at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230738

    Regards,

Windows