VooDooPC launches QuadFX powerhouse

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
As I suspected, VooDooPC has launched their Omen system with QuadFX. It's a liquid-cooled masterpiece that may require appendages, but current FX62 users may see the light and grab one for Vista Ultimate.

I'd liek to see some benches with it to see if they managed to eek every ounce of performance from it.

Alienware has yet to post theirs on the website but they do have 8800GTX SLI. Maybe this is a sign that AMD will launch a chipset platform for QFX before AgenaFX.

Omen

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
As I suspected, VooDooPC has launched their Omen system with QuadFX. It's a liquid-cooled masterpiece that may require appendages, but current FX62 users may see the light and grab one for Vista Ultimate.

I'd liek to see some benches with it to see if they managed to eek every ounce of performance from it.

Alienware has yet to post theirs on the website but they do have 8800GTX SLI. Maybe this is a sign that AMD will launch a chipset platform for QFX before AgenaFX.

Omen

Vista launched today, are you going to build your QFX now?

No, my prerequisite was 8GB RAM. I can get that now for under $1000.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Omen

Yo brutha

Did you look at that? The thing is unconfigured.

If you proceed with your QFX plans, I hope you are going to build it yourself. That thing is a rip off. Over $5000 US for the "bargain" CPUs, a single 80GB HDD, onboard sound :roll:, 2GB of 6400 and the 8800GTS, not the GTX.

Dude, WTF are they thinking with that price?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Omen

Yo brutha

If you proceed with your QFX plans, I hope you are going to build it yourself. That thing is a rip off. Over $5000 US for the "bargain" CPUs, a single 80GB HDD, onboard sound :roll:, 2GB of 6400 and the 8800GTS, not the GTX.

If I could, I would definitely buy a VooDoo. They are the highest quality systems you can buy and all are hand assembled.

I thought it was appropriate that they have them now and I said they were probably waiting for Vista.

Plus I can now talk about QFX.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
The case looks really cool. IMO anyway. Although you could do the same thing with a full tower Lian-Li, a dremel, and a couple red LEDs. Im sure plenty of people are willing to drop 5 grand on a crappy computer inside a cool case!

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Omen

Yo brutha

If I could, I would definitely buy a VooDoo. They are the highest quality systems you can buy and all are hand assembled.

I thought it was appropriate that they have them now and I said they were probably waiting for Vista.

Plus I can now talk about QFX.

You would buy that vs building it yourself? Tell me your kidding.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
The case looks really cool. IMO anyway. Although you could do the same thing with a full tower Lian-Li, a dremel, and a couple red LEDs. Im sure plenty of people are willing to drop 5 grand on a crappy computer inside a cool case!

Not!!!! You won't have specialized tools and custom parts. Their PCs are worth it. For things that use four cores, the only match is C2Q (future proofing is a bi tch).

Crappy computers don't say Athlon64. They really don't say VooDooPC. Or is that the other way around?

I think its a cool idea, and a uber system, but it doesn't get the performance I would expect. That being said, we could have our own little 4x4 vs Quadro battle here. That is, if you buy the Quad FX.

xaat_kil

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Stickers are too casual. That should be in meaty chrome letters with bolts holding it on. Throw a winch on the front to bring up the cost a bit too. Now that says "elite". Sell two of 'em and buy the fancy CAD waterjet cutter too for funkiness on the cases.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
[

Interesting, so are mine, but costs significantly less. I was thinking about getting a sticker made up to put on the outside of the case "Built Jack Tough"....
'

You don't really think that a system you put together is of the same level of craftsmanship as VooDoo, do you?

I guess you could give it a try. VooDoo has a blog and you can challenge them.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
The title should be renamed: "VooDooPC launches QuadFX system, powerhouse required".

Remember this if Barcelona does what it is shaping up to.

Baron, the FX top bin will consume the same amount of power as the FX top bin today.... AMD already published the power grades, the top bins will be 120 Watt TDP. Most likely, the same power consumptions can be expected.

You may want to choose your words more carefully as it may come back to haunt you.

Unfortunately, I call all of the SKUs Barcelona. A person could actually put one Agena FX in the slot and be as fast or faster than the two current models.

Again, I would like to find out if VooDoo's HP Labs determined if the VRM was the cause of the power draw issues and fixed it.

LostCircuits showed that drivers and HW can affect performance and power draw.
Heaven forbid, that can't be possible. You should be able to get above a 10 multiplier even with a buggy BIOS.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

I configured my Omen at over $13K and was all ready to whip out the debit card. Then I came to my senses and decided to wait for a nice home-built quad core maybe later in the year and save $10K.

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
[

Interesting, so are mine, but costs significantly less. I was thinking about getting a sticker made up to put on the outside of the case "Built Jack Tough"....Yeah but they give you the option of having your mouse, kb and even monitor match your case! You must accept defeat! :tongue:

It's definitely a bargin to have them install HL2: EP1 for $56.00 and to think I thought of doing it myself.
I configured my Omen at over $13K and was all ready to whip out the debit card...
It would be interesting to see the numbers for how many boxes they sell for over 10K.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

I configured my Omen at over $13K and was all ready to whip out the debit card. Then I came to my senses and decided to wait for a nice home-built quad core maybe later in the year and save $10K.That's just.....stupid though. Don't you read BM's posts??....we are all dummies for wanting to save money. We should pay $300 for an E6300, we don't deserve to get them for <$200. Us crooks!!! :wink: