Any Policy Settings for the FireFox Browser?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Hi,

We run a network with Windows 2003 servers. Are there any policies we can
apply to the FireFox browser to tie it down (so to speak)?

Thanks,
Kyle

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Yep. Some folks did some custom ADMs for managing Firefox configs through
GP. I have a link to it on my website at
http://www.gpoguy.com/Tools.htm or you can directly there at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm

Darren

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy

Kyle Stedman wrote:
> Kyle Stedman <kyle_st@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns9692C75168A80eester@
> 69.28.186.158:
>
> > "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:
> > #Si#f4$hFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
> >
> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm
> >
> > Thanks much Darren!
> >
> > Kyle
> >

> I hesitate to ask because I don't want to bother anyone, but I'm not sure
> how to add this tool to our group policies.
>
> By this I mean, using the GPMC, I don't see the mechanism by which I add
> .vbs and .adm tools.
>
> Any novice-level help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle

Hi,

Hope this helps:

http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/ADM_Deploy.pdf

If you have any further questions, feel free to email me at
mark(dot)sammons(atsymbol)ed.ac.uk

Mark
(FirefoxADM developer)