Any Policy Settings for the FireFox Browser?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 14, 2005 1:22:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Hi,

We run a network with Windows 2003 servers. Are there any policies we can
apply to the FireFox browser to tie it down (so to speak)?

Thanks,
Kyle
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 1:22:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Yep. Some folks did some custom ADMs for managing Firefox configs through
GP. I have a link to it on my website at
http://www.gpoguy.com/Tools.htm or you can directly there at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm

Darren

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy

"Kyle Stedman" <kyle_st@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We run a network with Windows 2003 servers. Are there any policies we can
> apply to the FireFox browser to tie it down (so to speak)?
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 1:22:41 AM

Kyle Stedman wrote:
> Kyle Stedman <kyle_st@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns9692C75168A80eester@
> 69.28.186.158:
>
> > "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:
> > #Si#f4$hFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
> >
> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm
> >
> > Thanks much Darren!
> >
> > Kyle
> >

> I hesitate to ask because I don't want to bother anyone, but I'm not sure
> how to add this tool to our group policies.
>
> By this I mean, using the GPMC, I don't see the mechanism by which I add
> .vbs and .adm tools.
>
> Any novice-level help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle

Hi,

Hope this helps:

http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/ADM_Deploy.pdf

If you have any further questions, feel free to email me at
mark(dot)sammons(atsymbol)ed.ac.uk

Mark
(FirefoxADM developer)
July 14, 2005 3:35:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

"Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:
#Si#f4$hFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm

Thanks much Darren!

Kyle
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:51:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Kyle Stedman <kyle_st@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns9692C75168A80eester@
69.28.186.158:

> "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:
> #Si#f4$hFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm
>
> Thanks much Darren!
>
> Kyle

I hesitate to ask because I don't want to bother anyone, but I'm not sure
how to add this tool to our group policies.

By this I mean, using the GPMC, I don't see the mechanism by which I add
..vbs and .adm tools.

Any novice-level help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:47:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

marksammons@gmail.com wrote in news:1121301481.253992.47710
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/ADM_Deploy.pdf

Thanks so much! That .pdf is great.