Any Policy Settings for the FireFox Browser?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Hi,

We run a network with Windows 2003 servers. Are there any policies we can
apply to the FireFox browser to tie it down (so to speak)?

Thanks,
Kyle
5 answers Last reply
More about policy settings firefox browser
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    Yep. Some folks did some custom ADMs for managing Firefox configs through
    GP. I have a link to it on my website at
    http://www.gpoguy.com/Tools.htm or you can directly there at
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm

    Darren

    --
    Darren Mar-Elia
    MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy

    "Kyle Stedman" <kyle_st@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We run a network with Windows 2003 servers. Are there any policies we can
    > apply to the FireFox browser to tie it down (so to speak)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kyle
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    Kyle Stedman wrote:
    > Kyle Stedman <kyle_st@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns9692C75168A80eester@
    > 69.28.186.158:
    >
    > > "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:
    > > #Si#f4$hFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
    > >
    > >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm
    > >
    > > Thanks much Darren!
    > >
    > > Kyle
    > >

    > I hesitate to ask because I don't want to bother anyone, but I'm not sure
    > how to add this tool to our group policies.
    >
    > By this I mean, using the GPMC, I don't see the mechanism by which I add
    > .vbs and .adm tools.
    >
    > Any novice-level help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kyle

    Hi,

    Hope this helps:

    http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/ADM_Deploy.pdf

    If you have any further questions, feel free to email me at
    mark(dot)sammons(atsymbol)ed.ac.uk

    Mark
    (FirefoxADM developer)
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:
    #Si#f4$hFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm

    Thanks much Darren!

    Kyle
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    Kyle Stedman <kyle_st@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns9692C75168A80eester@
    69.28.186.158:

    > "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:
    > #Si#f4$hFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/firefoxadm
    >
    > Thanks much Darren!
    >
    > Kyle

    I hesitate to ask because I don't want to bother anyone, but I'm not sure
    how to add this tool to our group policies.

    By this I mean, using the GPMC, I don't see the mechanism by which I add
    ..vbs and .adm tools.

    Any novice-level help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    marksammons@gmail.com wrote in news:1121301481.253992.47710
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/mcs/FirefoxADM/ADM_Deploy.pdf

    Thanks so much! That .pdf is great.

    Sincerely,
    Kyle

Policy Browsers Firefox Microsoft Windows