Changing IE Security Settings By AD Group Policy

Hi,

We need to change Internet Explorer settings for almost 500 computers in our
network.
The stting change is adding our intranet URL address to trusted sites and
modify the security level settings.

Can I use AD Group Policy to automatically deploy the settings to all
clients' IE ?

Any help would be apprecited,
Alan
3 answers Last reply
More about changing security settings group policy

    Hi,

    The best solution is create a GPO. If your clients are Microsoft Windows XP
    SP2 you should use Site to Zone Assignement List under User Configuration |
    Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer | Internet
    Control Panel | Security Page or under Computer Configuration |
    Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer | Internet
    Control Panel | Security Page.
    If your clients are not XP SP2 You must use Internet Explorer Maintenance.

    Regards,

    Thank you for help,

    Most of my clients are Windows 2000 Pro. Will your solution work on
    Win2000Pro?

    Thanks again,
    Alan

    "VMM" <VMM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > The best solution is create a GPO. If your clients are Microsoft Windows
    > XP
    > SP2 you should use Site to Zone Assignement List under User Configuration
    > |
    > Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer |
    > Internet
    > Control Panel | Security Page or under Computer Configuration |
    > Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer |
    > Internet
    > Control Panel | Security Page.
    > If your clients are not XP SP2 You must use Internet Explorer Maintenance.
    >
    > Regards,

    Hi Alan,

    On Windows 2000 Professional you must use Internet Explorer Maintenance.
    The other solution is only work with XP SP2.

    How Internet Explorer Maintenance Extension Works at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechRef/2904be16-6bc3-4dfa-b884-dd4b6c6b9994.mspx

    How Internet Explorer Maintenance Extension Works at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechRef/7393c49d-238e-433d-9193-ffe4f64b1e0f.mspx

    Regards,

    "A.M" wrote:

    > Thank you for help,
    >
    > Most of my clients are Windows 2000 Pro. Will your solution work on
    > Win2000Pro?
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Alan
    >

    > "VMM" <VMM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > The best solution is create a GPO. If your clients are Microsoft Windows
    > > XP
    > > SP2 you should use Site to Zone Assignement List under User Configuration
    > > |
    > > Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer |
    > > Internet
    > > Control Panel | Security Page or under Computer Configuration |
    > > Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer |
    > > Internet
    > > Control Panel | Security Page.
    > > If your clients are not XP SP2 You must use Internet Explorer Maintenance.
    > >
    > > Regards,

Policy Internet Explorer Security Windows