disable saving shortcuts on desktop

Hi Len,

User Config\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Hide and disable all items on
the desktop

"Removes icons, shortcuts, and other default and user-defined items from the
desktop, including Briefcase, Recycle Bin, My Computer, and My Network
Places. Removing icons and shortcuts does not prevent the user from using
another method to start the programs or opening the items they represent.
Also, see Items displayed in Places Bar in User Configuration\Administrative
Templates\Windows Components\Common Open File Dialog to remove the Desktop
icon from the Places Bar. This will help prevent users from saving data to
the Desktop."

HTH

br,
Denis