Deleting cached group policy?

I'm sitting on a PC in our Domain that is locking out certain features I
set-up on an old Group Policy. Even logging in as Administrator (local or
doamin) has the GP applied (even though originally the admin was exempt!).

I can't remove the PC from the domain or do anything, is there a quick fix
for this problem as the only work around I can see is to reinstall the OS,
and I don't have the disks with me.

The PC is running Win2k SP4, our domain controllers are Win Server 2000
(FSMO) and Win Server 2003.

Any ideas? Thanks!

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!
--------

Chris Hagon laid this down on his screen :
> I'm sitting on a PC in our Domain that is locking out certain features I
> set-up on an old Group Policy. Even logging in as Administrator (local or
> doamin) has the GP applied (even though originally the admin was exempt!).
>
> I can't remove the PC from the domain or do anything, is there a quick fix
> for this problem as the only work around I can see is to reinstall the OS,
> and I don't have the disks with me.
>
> The PC is running Win2k SP4, our domain controllers are Win Server 2000
> (FSMO) and Win Server 2003.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!
>
> -------
> Tech Admin
> West Midlands, England
> Stressed and Tired!
> --------

log in with a local user with admin rights
then delete the local cached profiles of the domain users
don't forget the network profiles if you encounter the same problems on
other computers

if you log on again these profiles will be recreated
this should delete all reminant GPO settings left in the profile

if the settings return you have to look in another place to solve the
problem
very likely a local machine policy or any other GPO you have no
knowledge of (yet)

grtz

--
just a suggestion: