Group Policy cannot been updated to all computers

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 18, 2005 8:19:56 PM

Hi all,

I have created a policy in my group policy.
Does anybody know why the new policy could not been updated to any
computers?
All computers on my network have the same configuration.

Thanks,
Alen
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:36:49 PM

Have you linked the policy?

"alen" wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have created a policy in my group policy.
>Does anybody know why the new policy could not been updated to any
>computers?
>All computers on my network have the same configuration.
>
>Thanks,
>Alen

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-updated-compu...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1310842
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 5:35:51 PM

"" wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have created a policy in my group policy.
> Does anybody know why the new policy could not been updated to
> any
> computers?
> All computers on my network have the same configuration.
>
> Thanks,
> Alen

you need to:
* create a GPO
* configure the computer configuration part of the GPO
* disable the user configuration is it has no user settings (optional)
* link the GPO to a OU that has the computer acounts that fall under
the scope of management of the GPO

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-updated-compu...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1312925
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 6:44:51 PM

Hi Alen,

How did you do the job? You have to provide more info.

There could be a no of reasons why. You may not have linked it (someone
suggested), wrong security permission (the default should be fine), set user
policies but applied it to computer objects, or not placing the computer
objects in the applied OU.

br,
Denis

!