Group Policy cannot been updated to all computers

Hi all,

I have created a policy in my group policy.
Does anybody know why the new policy could not been updated to any
computers?
All computers on my network have the same configuration.

Thanks,
Alen
3 answers Last reply
More about group policy updated computers

    Have you linked the policy?

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-updated-computers-ftopict397311.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1310842

    "" wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have created a policy in my group policy.
    > Does anybody know why the new policy could not been updated to
    > any
    > computers?
    > All computers on my network have the same configuration.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Alen

    you need to:
    * create a GPO
    * configure the computer configuration part of the GPO
    * disable the user configuration is it has no user settings (optional)
    * link the GPO to a OU that has the computer acounts that fall under
    the scope of management of the GPO

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-updated-computers-ftopict397311.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1312925

    Hi Alen,

    How did you do the job? You have to provide more info.

    There could be a no of reasons why. You may not have linked it (someone
    suggested), wrong security permission (the default should be fine), set user
    policies but applied it to computer objects, or not placing the computer
    objects in the applied OU.

    br,
    Denis

    "alen" <a73n82@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have created a policy in my group policy.
    > Does anybody know why the new policy could not been updated to any
    > computers?
    > All computers on my network have the same configuration.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Alen

Policy Computers Microsoft Windows