force logon servers..

Is there a way to force logon Servers in GP?
i only want users/computers to log on to the win 03 servers.
the other win2k servers are from a previous domain/admin. and i cannot
demote them to member servers.

TIA
KCI

Are you wanting to get rid of the old servers? Do you not have rights to
demote the server or is demotion unsuccessful?

"ABQ_Me" <kcicyber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to force logon Servers in GP?
> i only want users/computers to log on to the win 03 servers.
> the other win2k servers are from a previous domain/admin. and i cannot
> demote them to member servers.
>
> TIA
> KCI

One way is to use DNS

Weiht the SRV records for the oldr system at 0 and the 2003 systems at
something higher (1-65535).

Its not a definate, but under norlmal circumstnce the weight 0 servers have
a .002 percent chance of being chosen.

Referances:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232025#kb3

and

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2782.html

"ABQ_Me" <kcicyber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to force logon Servers in GP?
> i only want users/computers to log on to the win 03 servers.
> the other win2k servers are from a previous domain/admin. and i cannot
> demote them to member servers.
>
> TIA
> KCI

Wow, my spelling was especially atrocious there. I guess that will teach me
to type and play video games at the same time.