Don't want User GP to run on Terminal Server - Possible?

Hi, I am using Windows 2003 AD and the GPMC tool for my Group policy. I am
just testing a user GP on our IT teams OU. I have enabled screensavers to
kick in after 15 mins and then lock their desktops based on their IT OU (user
not computer), however this also works for our 2 Terminal Servers (Citrix).
When a screensaver kicks in on those the CPU goes through the roof. So I
thought maybe I can stop the screensaver to kick in on these 2 servers only?

Hi, I am using Windows 2003 AD and the GPMC tool for my Group policy. I am
just testing the user GP on our IT team. I have enabled screensavers to kick
in after 15 mins and then lock their desktops based on there IT OU user
group, however this also works for our 2 Terminal Servers (Citrix). When a
screen saver kicks in on those the CPU goes through the roof. So I thought
maybe I can stop the screensaver to kick in on these 2 servers only?

Also how can I see which GP will win?

Thanks

Thanks

More about user terminal server possible

    "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I am using Windows 2003 AD and the GPMC tool for my Group policy. I am
    > just testing a user GP on our IT teams OU. I have enabled screensavers to
    > kick in after 15 mins and then lock their desktops based on their IT OU
    > (user
    > not computer), however this also works for our 2 Terminal Servers
    > (Citrix).
    > When a screensaver kicks in on those the CPU goes through the roof. So I
    > thought maybe I can stop the screensaver to kick in on these 2 servers
    > only?
    >
    > Hi, I am using Windows 2003 AD and the GPMC tool for my Group policy. I am
    > just testing the user GP on our IT team. I have enabled screensavers to
    > kick
    > in after 15 mins and then lock their desktops based on there IT OU user
    > group, however this also works for our 2 Terminal Servers (Citrix). When a
    > screen saver kicks in on those the CPU goes through the roof. So I thought
    > maybe I can stop the screensaver to kick in on these 2 servers only?
    >
    > Also how can I see which GP will win?
    >
    > Thanks

    > Thanks

    OT, but what screensaver are you using that's doing this?

    Add a GPO with the User Configuration settings for screensaver set to
    Disabled (or specify the screen saver executable as scrnsave.scr - gives a
    blank screen and doesn't use CPU time) to the OU containing the Terminal
    Server's computer accounts and turn on Loopback processing in a GPO that
    also applies to the Terminal Servers' computer accounts. The User
    Configuration settings applied by loopback processing will take precedence
    over those applied to the User's account.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260370 - see Method 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231287/ - loopback processing

    --
    Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders

    "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I am using Windows 2003 AD and the GPMC tool for my Group policy. I am
    > just testing a user GP on our IT teams OU. I have enabled screensavers to
    > kick in after 15 mins and then lock their desktops based on their IT OU
    > (user
    > not computer), however this also works for our 2 Terminal Servers
    > (Citrix).
    > When a screensaver kicks in on those the CPU goes through the roof. So I
    > thought maybe I can stop the screensaver to kick in on these 2 servers
    > only?
    >
    > Hi, I am using Windows 2003 AD and the GPMC tool for my Group policy. I am
    > just testing the user GP on our IT team. I have enabled screensavers to
    > kick
    > in after 15 mins and then lock their desktops based on there IT OU user
    > group, however this also works for our 2 Terminal Servers (Citrix). When a
    > screen saver kicks in on those the CPU goes through the roof. So I thought
    > maybe I can stop the screensaver to kick in on these 2 servers only?
    >
    > Also how can I see which GP will win?
    >
    > Thanks

    > Thanks

    Hi,

    I think you can simply remove the screensaver from the 2 TS and that should
    solve the problem.

    br;
    Denis

    "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I am using Windows 2003 AD and the GPMC tool for my Group policy. I am
    > just testing a user GP on our IT teams OU. I have enabled screensavers to
    > kick in after 15 mins and then lock their desktops based on their IT OU
    (user
    > not computer), however this also works for our 2 Terminal Servers
    (Citrix).
    > When a screensaver kicks in on those the CPU goes through the roof. So I
    > thought maybe I can stop the screensaver to kick in on these 2 servers
    only?

    > Hi, I am using Windows 2003 AD and the GPMC tool for my Group policy. I am
    > just testing the user GP on our IT team. I have enabled screensavers to
    kick
    > in after 15 mins and then lock their desktops based on there IT OU user
    > group, however this also works for our 2 Terminal Servers (Citrix). When a
    > screen saver kicks in on those the CPU goes through the roof. So I thought
    > maybe I can stop the screensaver to kick in on these 2 servers only?
    >
    > Also how can I see which GP will win?
    >
    > Thanks

    > Thanks

Policy Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Servers Windows