changing user account settings

When I turn on my computer, I have to click on my user name to log on. Since
I am the only person using my computer, I want it to automatically log on.
How can I do that? I looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. Thank you
for your help!
2 answers Last reply
More about changing user account settings

    Teresa wrote:
    > When I turn on my computer, I have to click on my user name to log
    > on. Since I am the only person using my computer, I want it to
    > automatically log on. How can I do that? I looked everywhere and
    > can't seem to find it. Thank you for your help!

    Go to Start/Run and type: control userpasswords2 and press OK. Remove
    the check mark from from "Users must enter a username and password......"
    item. Apply/OK.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    In news:11505319-87A6-4304-8FE7-0B10FAB8D3C4@microsoft.com,
    Teresa <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > When I turn on my computer, I have to click on my user name to log
    > on. Since I am the only person using my computer, I want it to
    > automatically log on. How can I do that? I looked everywhere and
    > can't seem to find it. Thank you for your help!

    Start > run > type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes > hit enter >
    untick users must enter username and password to use this computer.

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Computers Microsoft Windows XP