Sign in with
Your question

This forum is not doing what is suposed to do (crap)

Last response: in CPUs
January 31, 2007 8:45:54 AM

First of all, sorry about my english...
I want to tell that this forum is a total crap, i know that is my first post here, but i am reading this for about 3 months....
i am reading this because i just got an athlon 4800+ ( and here we go: gojdo, jack, and the other guys will tell that its crap and that i can buy a c2d with that money) and i am looking for information about this (i am not a pcu expert) and what i can tell IS THAT ARE NOT ANY GOOD INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM, why? because people juste care about flame wars.
Some of you guys are so stupid, (gojd makes me sick, when someone ask any question, allways he have the same thing to tell: c2d is the best, and intel rulz. And baron with the crap information that he brings) you guys are fighting a war of Intel vs AMD, but i can
tell you that the two company bosses are eating barbecues together with millions or billions of money and laughing how stupid the rest of the world are.....
My god, you guys must know a lot of cpus and others hardware, why dont use this forum to help other peoples like me?
Or, if you guys like the flame wars, and dont care about the others, continue the fight, and continue this forum a total crap.....

More about : forum suposed crap

January 31, 2007 9:03:03 AM

Fanboys help their companies not you the comsumer in need of answers!
Forget it!
If you want good information learn to read between lines as the fanboys will be the first to jump in with recomadations. Never believe "just is" answers! Take everything with a grain of salt and allow a little better or a little worse than expected for both sides. Do your own research based on public benchmarks and articles...

At the end of the day what I do is take a piece of paper and do some bassic math: that component will ofer me X perf/$ and that one Y. Balance features and upgradability in and make decisions ...
January 31, 2007 9:17:45 AM

I got the 4800 because i have a 939 mb, and 2gb of good ram, and a 3200+, so i got this to make my sistem survive more 1 or 1,5 years.
I see i some places that a 4800 can bottleneck this new DX10 cards, do you thing that this is hapening becouse thr games dont have dual core suport yet? Is this bottleneck big?
Related resources
January 31, 2007 9:48:55 AM

Quote:
Don't Feed The Troll! :evil: 

"
January 31, 2007 9:53:31 AM

Quote:
I got the 4800 because i have a 939 mb, and 2gb of good ram, and a 3200+, so i got this to make my sistem survive more 1 or 1,5 years.
I see i some places that a 4800 can bottleneck this new DX10 cards, do you thing that this is hapening becouse thr games dont have dual core suport yet? Is this bottleneck big?

And if you had asked what cpu to buy specifying you had a 939 mobo and were able to get hold of X2 939's then everyone would have said to get that processor.

When people ask "What processor should i get?" the answer will always be Core2Duo. It's up the the person asking the question to provide all the details on their current system and upgrade plans if they apply.
January 31, 2007 10:07:52 AM

Quote:
I want to tell that this forum is a total crap, i know that is my first post here, but i am reading this for about 3 months....
i am reading this because i just got an athlon 4800+ ( and here we go: gojdo, jack, and the other guys will tell that its crap and that i can buy a c2d with that money) and i am looking for information about this (i am not a pcu expert) and what i can tell IS THAT ARE NOT ANY GOOD INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM, why? because people juste care about flame wars.
Some of you guys are so stupid, (gojd makes me sick, when someone ask any question, allways he have the same thing to tell: c2d is the best, and intel rulz. And baron with the crap information that he brings) you guys are fighting a war of Intel vs AMD, but i can
tell you that the two company bosses are eating barbecues together with millions or billions of money and laughing how stupid the rest of the world are.....
My god, you guys must know a lot of cpus and others hardware, why dont use this forum to help other peoples like me?
Or, if you guys like the flame wars, and dont care about the others, continue the fight, and continue this forum a total crap.....

The Irony!
January 31, 2007 10:18:06 AM

Quote:

You seriously have NO idea what your talking about, clearly you are only a member of the Disney forum where you just talk about which is better Bambi or Dumbo. THG forums are perhaps some of the best forums I have come across when it comes to flaming, there are a few here who tout BS info, and some such as whoo are a just plain mean (you know who you are), but generally most of the posts are well considered and very rarely do I see a proper flame war! Heated discussion, but its very rare it becomes personal.

In addition, isn't that what forums are about, discussion? Two people with opposed points of views duking it out, and yes, most people will recommend the C2D, not because they are Intel Fanboys, but because it is fact that in most cases C2D's offer more bang for buck than their AMD equivalents, if you need proof of this just take a look at AMDs stock prices!

Finally, in THG forums justice and common sense usually prevails, as the majority of people are sensible and will fight BS. An interesting highlight recently, was when some Noob commented that he was getting stolen graphics cards from Bestbuy (or somewhere?) and was immediately shunned.

If you want a real flamewar, head of to CircaSurvive forums (a band), the little 14 year olds will insult you all you want, which was the clear point of your post. God Damn.
January 31, 2007 10:25:30 AM

Damn thats a sweet rig man. How's the noise factor with so many fans or are they all silent fans at low RPM?
January 31, 2007 10:27:06 AM

That is the point, you dont need to call someone menber of the disney forum to do that... and 90% of the guys here do that, attack other peoples, for that reason, this is not a forum, its a club of 10 or 20 guys
January 31, 2007 10:28:07 AM

Quote:

You can go sodomize yourself
January 31, 2007 10:30:38 AM

And thanks for the help robsx2....
more one question. Can i get 2.6 or 2.7 with stock vcores? How much diference i will get with +200mhz
January 31, 2007 10:33:11 AM

You can go sodomize yourself?
Vai se fuder seu Português filho de uma puta.....
January 31, 2007 10:40:09 AM

I second that notion from PMR. Go somewhere else if you don't like it.
January 31, 2007 10:40:13 AM

I am sorry but I cannot sit here and let this rant again the machine that is the THG forums go without defending those people in here that have helped me and MANY others...

Quote:
what i can tell IS THAT ARE NOT ANY GOOD INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM, why? because people juste care about flame wars.

Well I tend to disagree as I have asked questions of these fine individuals and have gotten honest and well informed answers when the question was asked.

Quote:

What you have to remember, sir, is that people here are ENTHUSIASTS. They will always recommend what is currently the BEST hardware at the time.

Are you angry that in the last 3 months that you have been lurking nobody has answered a question that you have neglected to ask? Or are you just pissed because (And don't take this the wrong way) that Intel is Currently leading the Intel Vs. AMD war and you seem to have pitched your tent in the AMD camp? I stress currently because in time AMD will take the lead, then Intel, Then AMD etc.

If you have a question, then ask it and you will receive an answer. If all you want to do is rant then be prepared to have your A$$ handed to you after these guys are done with it.

JonC
January 31, 2007 10:44:09 AM

Quote:
That is the point, you dont need to call someone menber of the disney forum to do that... and 90% of the guys here do that, attack other peoples, for that reason, this is not a forum, its a club of 10 or 20 guys

This is like pissing in someones backyard, if you do it, they will cuss you!

Oh, and also, being called a member of the disney forum isnt exactly a big insult! LOL
January 31, 2007 10:48:32 AM

Quote:

I know Puta = bitch - so whos doing the real insulting!
January 31, 2007 10:55:44 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA
That is good, you guys talk like gang members, but you are not one mans. You are im my backyard, my territory, prepare your A$$, my god, that is just ridiculous...
You guys do that in the real life to? i think not, becouse here is easy to know that no one will go to your house, its easy to be covered by a anonymous identity...
January 31, 2007 10:56:38 AM

It is obvious that he is an outsider, and this is just fallout from qOJDO's thread about the HORDE! He came in here type'n about how THG fourmz is crap, then in the same breath ask's for help(without giving his system spec's. :? )

@bassin, the fourm will do what it needs to do, and lock this(crap) thread.
January 31, 2007 10:58:17 AM

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA
That is good, you guys talk like gang members, but you are not one mans. You are im my backyard, my territory, prepare your A$$, my god, that is just ridiculous...
You guys do that in the real life to? i think not, becouse here is easy to know that no one will go to your house, its easy to be covered by a anonymous identity...

Which would explain why your here saying this....
January 31, 2007 10:58:48 AM

STFU troll!
January 31, 2007 11:06:10 AM

THE HORDE. My god, i am the midle of a nerd war

THG VS AMDzone

It will be a hard fight, maibe no one will survive. LOL
January 31, 2007 11:10:59 AM

You have no idea, how stupid you are.
January 31, 2007 11:18:22 AM

So how do you insult someone and at the same time, ask them for help?

That being said this thread is useless flame bait.
Reported.
January 31, 2007 11:19:12 AM

More insults, if you continue to do that, you will have no more friends in the web world, like you dont have in the real world, poor nerd.
Anonymous
January 31, 2007 11:20:40 AM

Quote:
...you guys talk like gang members, You are im my backyard, my territory, prepare your A$$, my god, that is just ridiculous...

LoL, That I have to agree with.

It's funny, but true
January 31, 2007 11:26:59 AM

Quote:
Indeed
January 31, 2007 11:30:06 AM

Quote:

Reported.

thank you!
January 31, 2007 11:30:52 AM

Don't let it bother you! There are really knowledgeable people around with the fanboys. 4800+ is a great cpu. Someone that has a 8800GTX shouldn't play in a crappy TFT with 1280x1024! :? If you are a good gamer you'll play 1600x1200 and above so in this resolutions forget the cpu bottleneck. Games are getting multithreded as time passes and your cpu will fair much better. Remember even in a year or so your cpu will stand good enough. Your gpu on the other hand will force you in somewhat lower resolutions and that's all. :) 
January 31, 2007 11:37:25 AM

Quote:
You You can go sodomize yourself?

Keep your manners in here, if you want to call names, do it in english, no need to write in portuguese. It only shows you are rude and don't have the guts to let everyone knows what you're writing.

Besides, you bring a bad impression to all brazilians, which are very warm and nice people.

Quote:

I know Puta = bitch - so whos doing the real insulting!

Well, what he wrote is "Go f*** yourself you portuguese motherf******..."
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2007 11:48:20 AM

Thanks for sharing
January 31, 2007 11:48:51 AM

I agree and disagree with you. Yes, many threads turn into flame wars. However, there are also a lot of threads where people actually get helped. Those threads don't get bumped much. They don't go on to 14 pages. Those threads pop up. The person is helped, and then they sink into the depth of forums hell (which starts at page 2).

Many of us are fair and objective. If someone says they're doing a new build I'm going to recommend Core 2 from Intel.

If someone says they've got a S939 system and they only wanna spend a couple hundred bucks, I'm going to tell them Athlon X2 or Opteron.

Look at my own system, in November I upgraded the processor to a S939 Opteron. Yet I get called an Intel fanboy here all the time!

The problem isn't with all of us people recommending Intel products. The problem is with the polarized fanboys like BaronMatrix and Ycon (is he still around?). Baron is all AMD all the time no matter what. Ycon is all Intel all the time no matter what (from my experience).

PS - Your English is actually much better than many Americans.
January 31, 2007 11:56:03 AM

If you want to buy a slower, more expensive chip, you could always post on AMDzone about it instead. :lol:  :wink:

If the AMD CPU met your needs for the price, without requiring you to upgrade your motherboard and RAM, then good for you.
January 31, 2007 12:02:28 PM

interesting picture, nice big case, I should have popped for a tower like that but got the mid tower Lian Li instead.

But, you should have gone water cooling and I don't get the dual fan cards on the bottom, they are drawing air from??? and blowing the air to ?????, seems like they might just be kicking around alot of turbulence because it would seem to be just moving around the same warm air. With the door closed they may work real well, I can't tell.
January 31, 2007 12:22:52 PM

You know TechnologyCoordinator Most of your Treads have been very good. There have been people who think they know it all and it put the end to them. Can we name 9inch.

I do agree bassin. There are alot of flame wars. Anything BaronMatrix write about it flame bait. The post gOJDO made To Scientia, one of the HORDE leaders! Ya another flame bait. Ya it was funny to watch. But where is the computer info. What will it help us with.

Going AMD better then Intel. Intel better then AMD. It that leap frogging is what helps us. Meaning If Intel was the best. All the time we all be ripped off all the time Same as with AMD if they where the best we would be ripped off. Best cpu means higher prices.

People who like flame bait mybe need there Diapers changed. For you all stink. :? It that flame wars is what make tomshardware look bad or smell bad.

Besides going AMD or Intel better. Mybe you all should talk about what can heppen. What AMD might do to counter Core 2 or what will Intel do do to keep ahead of AMD.

Not by Intel going to counter Amd by this or that. Or Amd going to counter Intel by this or that.

But talk about stuff like Amd intergraded gpu/cpu and the pros/cons.
or Intel fsb pros and cons.

What will happen in the next few years.
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2007 12:24:21 PM

I find it interesting to see someone actually take the time to call out people that are supposed to be helping them. I don't see what the point is except hitting the hornets nest with a stick. Yes, you are going to get both-sides-of-the-table biases...but that's the point of forums...to see what real life info knowledgeable people can provide as a free public service. If you want anything other than that, stick to reading reviews and make your own decisions. If you are going to post something like you did, all you will get in return is a lashback from the entire forum community...from every side of the table. With a comment like that, you are suddenly on opposite sides of Intel/AMD and nVidia/ATI people all at the same time. As a contributor to the forums, I find it a mockery that you popped off like that instead of continuing your research...There are reasons people have their loyalties to brands.
January 31, 2007 12:24:35 PM

Quote:
You can go sodomize yourself

Quote:

Quote:
STFU troll!

Hatefull and unnecessary comments. Good examples of what NOT to write! :( 

Quote:

Reported.

This is actually the best response to this thread. :) 
January 31, 2007 12:35:54 PM

As Ninja said this is a useless thread. Lock it up
January 31, 2007 12:36:28 PM

Hey!...there's something brown on your nose :lol: 

[\joke]
January 31, 2007 12:44:00 PM

Quote:
I find it interesting to see someone actually take the time to call out people that are supposed to be helping them. I don't see what the point is except hitting the hornets nest with a stick. Yes, you are going to get both-sides-of-the-table biases...but that's the point of forums...to see what real life info knowledgeable people can provide as a free public service. If you want anything other than that, stick to reading reviews and make your own decisions. If you are going to post something like you did, all you will get in return is a lashback from the entire forum community...from every side of the table. With a comment like that, you are suddenly on opposite sides of Intel/AMD and nVidia/ATI people all at the same time. As a contributor to the forums, I find it a mockery that you popped off like that instead of continuing your research...There are reasons people have their loyalties to brands.

Dude.....decaf...., you got the wrong quote, I just wrote a simple comment on Robs cool looking case, that was it, basicaly OT but I found the rest of the yammering about this one guys entitled opinion yawn worthy at best.
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2007 12:48:41 PM

It wasn't intended to be directed at you, I just hit reply...so my apologies to you on the mixup. I basically was replying to the initial post, so my fault for making it seem that I was picking on you. And yes, I agree with your post...for being on air...it is a nice looking setup and probably performs like it looks...very well.
January 31, 2007 12:57:21 PM

Quote:
The Irony!

It is ironic that bassin comes here complaining about people spewing "crap"; and then turns around and starts spewing his (or her) own "crap". :D 
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2007 1:00:05 PM

Quote:
My favorite computer: Commodore SX-64
1MHz MOS 6510, 64Kb RAM, 170KB 5.25" Floppy, 5" Color CRT

I like those system specs....

I bet you can run oregon trail at 230x320 on that...and it has smoking framerates!
January 31, 2007 1:02:03 PM

...Why is this thread still going on? It's useless...
January 31, 2007 1:02:45 PM

Quote:
I agree and disagree with you. Yes, many threads turn into flame wars. However, there are also a lot of threads where people actually get helped. Those threads don't get bumped much. They don't go on to 14 pages. Those threads pop up. The person is helped, and then they sink into the depth of forums hell (which starts at page 2).

Many of us are fair and objective. If someone says they're doing a new build I'm going to recommend Core 2 from Intel.

If someone says they've got a S939 system and they only wanna spend a couple hundred bucks, I'm going to tell them Athlon X2 or Opteron.

Look at my own system, in November I upgraded the processor to a S939 Opteron. Yet I get called an Intel fanboy here all the time!

The problem isn't with all of us people recommending Intel products. The problem is with the polarized fanboys like BaronMatrix and Ycon (is he still around?). Baron is all AMD all the time no matter what. Ycon is all Intel all the time no matter what (from my experience).

PS - Your English is actually much better than many Americans.

Well said. 8)
January 31, 2007 1:04:37 PM

Quote:
I like those system specs....

I bet you can run oregon trail at 230x320 on that...and it has smoking framerates!

You would be pleasantly surprized! :wink:
!