This forum is not doing what is suposed to do (crap)

bassin

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
First of all, sorry about my english...
I want to tell that this forum is a total crap, i know that is my first post here, but i am reading this for about 3 months....
i am reading this because i just got an athlon 4800+ ( and here we go: gojdo, jack, and the other guys will tell that its crap and that i can buy a c2d with that money) and i am looking for information about this (i am not a pcu expert) and what i can tell IS THAT ARE NOT ANY GOOD INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM, why? because people juste care about flame wars.
Some of you guys are so stupid, (gojd makes me sick, when someone ask any question, allways he have the same thing to tell: c2d is the best, and intel rulz. And baron with the crap information that he brings) you guys are fighting a war of Intel vs AMD, but i can
tell you that the two company bosses are eating barbecues together with millions or billions of money and laughing how stupid the rest of the world are.....
My god, you guys must know a lot of cpus and others hardware, why dont use this forum to help other peoples like me?
Or, if you guys like the flame wars, and dont care about the others, continue the fight, and continue this forum a total crap.....

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Fanboys help their companies not you the comsumer in need of answers!
Forget it!
If you want good information learn to read between lines as the fanboys will be the first to jump in with recomadations. Never believe "just is" answers! Take everything with a grain of salt and allow a little better or a little worse than expected for both sides. Do your own research based on public benchmarks and articles...

At the end of the day what I do is take a piece of paper and do some bassic math: that component will ofer me X perf/$ and that one Y. Balance features and upgradability in and make decisions ...

bassin

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
I got the 4800 because i have a 939 mb, and 2gb of good ram, and a 3200+, so i got this to make my sistem survive more 1 or 1,5 years.
I see i some places that a 4800 can bottleneck this new DX10 cards, do you thing that this is hapening becouse thr games dont have dual core suport yet? Is this bottleneck big?

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I got the 4800 because i have a 939 mb, and 2gb of good ram, and a 3200+, so i got this to make my sistem survive more 1 or 1,5 years.
I see i some places that a 4800 can bottleneck this new DX10 cards, do you thing that this is hapening becouse thr games dont have dual core suport yet? Is this bottleneck big?

And if you had asked what cpu to buy specifying you had a 939 mobo and were able to get hold of X2 939's then everyone would have said to get that processor.

When people ask "What processor should i get?" the answer will always be Core2Duo. It's up the the person asking the question to provide all the details on their current system and upgrade plans if they apply.

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
I want to tell that this forum is a total crap, i know that is my first post here, but i am reading this for about 3 months....
i am reading this because i just got an athlon 4800+ ( and here we go: gojdo, jack, and the other guys will tell that its crap and that i can buy a c2d with that money) and i am looking for information about this (i am not a pcu expert) and what i can tell IS THAT ARE NOT ANY GOOD INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM, why? because people juste care about flame wars.
Some of you guys are so stupid, (gojd makes me sick, when someone ask any question, allways he have the same thing to tell: c2d is the best, and intel rulz. And baron with the crap information that he brings) you guys are fighting a war of Intel vs AMD, but i can
tell you that the two company bosses are eating barbecues together with millions or billions of money and laughing how stupid the rest of the world are.....
My god, you guys must know a lot of cpus and others hardware, why dont use this forum to help other peoples like me?
Or, if you guys like the flame wars, and dont care about the others, continue the fight, and continue this forum a total crap.....

The Irony!

Parge

Distinguished
May 20, 2006

You seriously have NO idea what your talking about, clearly you are only a member of the Disney forum where you just talk about which is better Bambi or Dumbo. THG forums are perhaps some of the best forums I have come across when it comes to flaming, there are a few here who tout BS info, and some such as whoo are a just plain mean (you know who you are), but generally most of the posts are well considered and very rarely do I see a proper flame war! Heated discussion, but its very rare it becomes personal.

In addition, isn't that what forums are about, discussion? Two people with opposed points of views duking it out, and yes, most people will recommend the C2D, not because they are Intel Fanboys, but because it is fact that in most cases C2D's offer more bang for buck than their AMD equivalents, if you need proof of this just take a look at AMDs stock prices!

Finally, in THG forums justice and common sense usually prevails, as the majority of people are sensible and will fight BS. An interesting highlight recently, was when some Noob commented that he was getting stolen graphics cards from Bestbuy (or somewhere?) and was immediately shunned.

If you want a real flamewar, head of to CircaSurvive forums (a band), the little 14 year olds will insult you all you want, which was the clear point of your post. God Damn.

bassin

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
That is the point, you dont need to call someone menber of the disney forum to do that... and 90% of the guys here do that, attack other peoples, for that reason, this is not a forum, its a club of 10 or 20 guys

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006

You can go sodomize yourself

bassin

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
And thanks for the help robsx2....
more one question. Can i get 2.6 or 2.7 with stock vcores? How much diference i will get with +200mhz

jonkc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
I am sorry but I cannot sit here and let this rant again the machine that is the THG forums go without defending those people in here that have helped me and MANY others...

what i can tell IS THAT ARE NOT ANY GOOD INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM, why? because people juste care about flame wars.

Well I tend to disagree as I have asked questions of these fine individuals and have gotten honest and well informed answers when the question was asked.

What you have to remember, sir, is that people here are ENTHUSIASTS. They will always recommend what is currently the BEST hardware at the time.

Are you angry that in the last 3 months that you have been lurking nobody has answered a question that you have neglected to ask? Or are you just pissed because (And don't take this the wrong way) that Intel is Currently leading the Intel Vs. AMD war and you seem to have pitched your tent in the AMD camp? I stress currently because in time AMD will take the lead, then Intel, Then AMD etc.

If you have a question, then ask it and you will receive an answer. If all you want to do is rant then be prepared to have your A$$ handed to you after these guys are done with it.

JonC

Parge

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
That is the point, you dont need to call someone menber of the disney forum to do that... and 90% of the guys here do that, attack other peoples, for that reason, this is not a forum, its a club of 10 or 20 guys

This is like pissing in someones backyard, if you do it, they will cuss you!

Oh, and also, being called a member of the disney forum isnt exactly a big insult! LOL

bassin

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
HAHAHAHAHAHA
That is good, you guys talk like gang members, but you are not one mans. You are im my backyard, my territory, prepare your A$$, my god, that is just ridiculous...
You guys do that in the real life to? i think not, becouse here is easy to know that no one will go to your house, its easy to be covered by a anonymous identity...

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
It is obvious that he is an outsider, and this is just fallout from qOJDO's thread about the HORDE! He came in here type'n about how THG fourmz is crap, then in the same breath ask's for help(without giving his system spec's. :? )

@bassin, the fourm will do what it needs to do, and lock this(crap) thread.

Parge

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
HAHAHAHAHAHA
That is good, you guys talk like gang members, but you are not one mans. You are im my backyard, my territory, prepare your A$$, my god, that is just ridiculous...
You guys do that in the real life to? i think not, becouse here is easy to know that no one will go to your house, its easy to be covered by a anonymous identity...

Which would explain why your here saying this....

bassin

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
THE HORDE. My god, i am the midle of a nerd war

THG VS AMDzone

It will be a hard fight, maibe no one will survive. LOL

bassin

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
More insults, if you continue to do that, you will have no more friends in the web world, like you dont have in the real world, poor nerd.

G

...you guys talk like gang members, You are im my backyard, my territory, prepare your A$$, my god, that is just ridiculous...

LoL, That I have to agree with.

It's funny, but true

TRENDING THREADS