Access to C drive and Office 2003

WB

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

I have created a GPO to hide the C drive, but when I open any office 2003
application the C: drive can be see enabling the user to save and make
folders on the C drive. I am using windows xp and Office 2003. The problem
does not effect notepad or wordpad

Has anyone had this problem.

Hi,

Use the "Prevent access to drives from My Computer" instead of "Hide these
specified drives in My Computer"

Regards,

"" wrote:
> I have created a GPO to hide the C drive, but when I open any
> office 2003
> application the C: drive can be see enabling the user to save
> and make
> folders on the C drive. I am using windows xp and Office
> 2003. The problem
> does not effect notepad or wordpad
>
> Has anyone had this problem.

Hi,

Why don’t you modify your Permissions? It is so simple. Just change
users "write" access to "Read" on C: then the worst they can do is
see it but can’t write to it.

The "hide drives in My Computer" does just that. However, I have
noticed that some apps "see" the C:.However, if they don’t have the
write/create subfolders permission then they can’t do much.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Access-drive-Office-2003-ftopict402187.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1336380