policy not unloading

I know I'm missing something obvious!
I am dishing out a GPO with an internet proxy setting for our users from a
Win2K Adv Server. Some, but not all, of our laptop users are still being
stopped by the GPO when they are off-site. Shouldn't that setting be removed
when they logoff, allowing them unfettered access on their own home nets?

In general, they logon to the machine at home still using their cached
network logons rather than using a local acct.

Thanks!

Sheldon
3 answers Last reply
More about policy unloading

    What type of proxy server are you using? Don't have an answer to the
    question, but if you are using ISA you can use the URL script which will
    check to see if the proxy server exists, if not it will go directly out.
    Thats what we have done and this works.

    Thanks
    Gavin...

    "nesdog" <nesdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I know I'm missing something obvious!
    > I am dishing out a GPO with an internet proxy setting for our users from a
    > Win2K Adv Server. Some, but not all, of our laptop users are still being
    > stopped by the GPO when they are off-site. Shouldn't that setting be
    > removed
    > when they logoff, allowing them unfettered access on their own home nets?
    >
    > In general, they logon to the machine at home still using their cached
    > network logons rather than using a local acct.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Sheldon

    We are using a Linux box running SquidGuard.

    Sheldon

    =?Utf-8?B?bmVzZG9n?= <nesdog@discussions.microsoft.com> said

    > We are using a Linux box running SquidGuard.

    Point the browser to a pac (proxy auto-config) file located on an internal
    web server. If they are on the network the pac file will direct them to the
    proxy. If they aren't on your network the browser won't find the pac file and
    will use a direct connection.
    http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html

    --

    Andy.