Looking for directory size utility.

February 20, 2005 12:06:48 AM

I'm looking for a Windows XP utility for displaying the size of directories
and their contents. I've spent several hours using google to do a search.
But cannot find anything that is appropriate.

More about : directory size utility

February 20, 2005 12:14:35 AM

In news:UrKdnbiaIesrbYrfRVn-2A@comcast.com,
Don J <dej4400@comcast.net> had this to say:

> I'm looking for a Windows XP utility for displaying the size of
> directories and their contents. I've spent several hours using
> google to do a search. But cannot find anything that is appropriate.

Try something here?

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdisktools.ht...

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 1:46:14 AM

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:06:48 -0500, Don J wrote:

> I'm looking for a Windows XP utility for displaying the size of directories
> and their contents. I've spent several hours using google to do a search.
> But cannot find anything that is appropriate.

In addition to SequaiaView, already suggested, I also like JDisk Report
from http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/jdiskreport/.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

February 20, 2005 5:34:19 PM

Download (free) http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

--

johnf

> I'm looking for a Windows XP utility for displaying the size of
> directories and their contents. I've spent several hours using google
> to do a search. But cannot find anything that is appropriate.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 10:52:06 PM

Hover over the folder and the folder size appears. Though it will only spend 2 secs calculating. Reshowing the tooltip will spend anither 2 secs calculating. The time is additive.

Also right click a folder, Properties. This takes as long as it takes but you can cancel.

Also
Dir foldername /s
shows the size.
http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/