Looking for directory size utility.

I'm looking for a Windows XP utility for displaying the size of directories
and their contents. I've spent several hours using google to do a search.
But cannot find anything that is appropriate.
4 answers Last reply
More about looking directory size utility

    In news:UrKdnbiaIesrbYrfRVn-2A@comcast.com,
    Don J <dej4400@comcast.net> had this to say:

    > I'm looking for a Windows XP utility for displaying the size of
    > directories and their contents. I've spent several hours using
    > google to do a search. But cannot find anything that is appropriate.

    Try something here?

    http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdisktools.html

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:06:48 -0500, Don J wrote:

    > I'm looking for a Windows XP utility for displaying the size of directories
    > and their contents. I've spent several hours using google to do a search.
    > But cannot find anything that is appropriate.

    In addition to SequaiaView, already suggested, I also like JDisk Report
    from http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/jdiskreport/.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    Download (free) http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

    --

    johnf

    > I'm looking for a Windows XP utility for displaying the size of
    > directories and their contents. I've spent several hours using google
    > to do a search. But cannot find anything that is appropriate.

    Hover over the folder and the folder size appears. Though it will only spend 2 secs calculating. Reshowing the tooltip will spend anither 2 secs calculating. The time is additive.

    Also right click a folder, Properties. This takes as long as it takes but you can cancel.

    Also
    Dir foldername /s
    shows the size.
    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message news:UrKdnbiaIesrbYrfRVn-2A@comcast.com...
    > I'm looking for a Windows XP utility for displaying the size of directories
    > and their contents. I've spent several hours using google to do a search.
    > But cannot find anything that is appropriate.

Google Microsoft Windows XP