Where I can find info on Policies vs Preferences for creat..

David

I want to create custom ADM files, it seam to have a big difference between
Policies and Preferences. I can create GPO that act like preferences, but
now I want to convert them to true policies. the registry path is different
and I want to understand those difference, can someone reffer me a link or a
Whitepaper

Hi David,

I am not too sure what is your problem, but here are some ref for you.

HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q323639

Using Administrative Template Files with Registry-Based Group Policy
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E7D72FA1-62FE-4358-8360-8774EA8DB847&displaylang=en

br,
Denis