when you start a mod with a higher level character....

How do you equip him? I tend to go overboard and give him too much good
stuff, and I never know what should be expected of me at that point in
the mod. How does everyone do this, with say a level 5 or so character?

John Salerno wrote:
> How do you equip him? I tend to go overboard and give him too much good
> stuff, and I never know what should be expected of me at that point in
> the mod. How does everyone do this, with say a level 5 or so character?

I use the Dungeon Master's Guide, and give him/her the recommended
amount of gold to be used for outfitting a character of his/her level,
which hopefully s/he will be able to spend in the module. I don't
generally do anything with actual equipment.

Kish wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>>How do you equip him? I tend to go overboard and give him too much good
>>stuff, and I never know what should be expected of me at that point in
>>the mod. How does everyone do this, with say a level 5 or so character?
>

> I use the Dungeon Master's Guide, and give him/her the recommended
> amount of gold to be used for outfitting a character of his/her level,
> which hopefully s/he will be able to spend in the module. I don't
> generally do anything with actual equipment.

So you rely on the individual mod to provide all the equipment?

John Salerno wrote:

> So you rely on the individual mod to provide all the equipment?

To have it purchasable near the beginning of the module, yes.

John Salerno wrote:
> How do you equip him?

I run him through the OC.

PS - I am also rewriting UNIX in COBOL. God told me to.
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."

everlast wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>> How do you equip him?
>

> I run him through the OC.
>
> PS - I am also rewriting UNIX in COBOL. God told me to.
using notepad?

everlast wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>>How do you equip him?
>

> I run him through the OC.
>
> PS - I am also rewriting UNIX in COBOL. God told me to.

You scare me. :)