Allowing Users to install software

Is there a way to allow certain users the ability to install software on
their computer without the need to logoff and login again as an
administrator of the local PC?

I realize that Shift-Right click and Run As... is available, but that
doesn't always work and the boss thinks I'm trying to limit his ability to
do things.

Ideally, I would like members of the Administrators group to be able to
install whatever they want so that I don't have to listen to it.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

James

An option is to create a group, for example Local Install. Set the Local
Install group as a member of the local computer's Administrator's grouop and
then add the Domain Administrator group to the Local Install group.

"Jameseee" <james@eee.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to allow certain users the ability to install software on
> their computer without the need to logoff and login again as an
> administrator of the local PC?
>
> I realize that Shift-Right click and Run As... is available, but that
> doesn't always work and the boss thinks I'm trying to limit his ability to
> do things.
>
> Ideally, I would like members of the Administrators group to be able to
> install whatever they want so that I don't have to listen to it.
>
> Can this be done?
>
> Thanks.
>
> James

Thanks very much. This was perfect.