A lot of rumours to surface these days...

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Indeed :) , Intel with a 45 nm core. and Amd's 2x Dual core processing for enthusiasts.

Man I just really hope AmD can pull it off.
Keep in mind that Inter has 17 fabrication labs, where as AMD on has 2, and are undergoung for a 3rd one.
Its just that amd has been good for us.
Intel's technology has adapted and plan to make headroom for diamond processors, fabricated diamonds of course, otherwise we'd all be spending a tremendous amount of nomey for that processor :D
I just wish technology could evolve faster, just like the movie minority report, those computer are badass :D
But we all have to keep on waiting. :roll:

heartview

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I heard from this person that is related to this other person that knows someone who overheard one of Intel's janitors saying that Intel was planning to buy AMD and sell it to Libya for 3 billion coconuts. I'm not sure where Libya is going to get all those coconuts but this sure seams like a reliable rumor to me.

:roll: :twisted:

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
The integer and floating-point benches in this forum....
What "benchmarks"? Nothing but words in an article.

I heard from this person that is related to this other person that knows someone who overheard one of Intel's janitors saying that Intel was planning to buy AMD and sell it to Libya for 3 billion coconuts. I'm not sure where Libya is going to get all those coconuts but this sure seams like a reliable rumor to me.

:roll: :twisted:
exactly

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Well specfp specint doesnt really say much to the consumer;that said the preliminary REPOTED benches werent all that bad either.Providing they are true.

usually one gives screens of benches unless you are releasing a prescott or an AM2.So alot can be said for the absence of validation and there is no broad spectrum barcelona bench that reveals an average;so by that ill stick to my 15-27% avg over Clovertowm,clowntover, er whatever. Wink

Yep yep.

qcmadness

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006
It would be sad if the data is real.
But I will take a grain of salt for pre-ES release.

Half a year before the K8 launch, ClawHammer can only run at 800MHz stably. :wink:

qcmadness

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006
With your opening statement I was kinda confused there lol. I think I read somewhere as well about the 45nm not going to be full force till 2008. I would not expect the first rev of barcelona to be all that spectacular. 2nd rev we can only hope. AMD has to catch up or surpass Intel at some point or prices will go up which means we all lose.

For Intel, 45nm will reduce their cost and increase their lead.
For AMD, K8L with 65nm will try to gain back the lead.

I think K8L is more critical to AMD than 45nm to Intel.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
6 months in the freezer :lol: :lol: :lol: unless air hits it and it freezer burns or the temp isnt constant and it causes ice to form. :wink:
true that, i forgot that some icecream shops are bigger than others. the smaller shops take a while longer to hit the shelves. :lol: