what's everyone's preferred character creation module?

Last response: in Video Games
December 14, 2004 4:30:17 AM

i'm using the 'novice to epic' mod, but i see there are others, and i'm
wondering what other features there might be available...are there any
mods that allow you to change ability scores and to re-customize your
character?
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 3:57:24 PM

I wrote my own.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

John Salerno wrote:
> i'm using the 'novice to epic' mod, but i see there are others, and i'm
> wondering what other features there might be available...are there any
> mods that allow you to change ability scores and to re-customize your
> character?

I just realized that when you import a character into a mod, you have
the option to re-customize him, so I guess that isn't a big problem. But
are there any trainer mods that let you change other things that
occurred during your level 1 creation, such as allocation of skill
points and feats? Or are those things set once the character is created?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 9:04:05 PM

John Salerno wrote:
> i'm using the 'novice to epic' mod, but i see there are others, and
> i'm wondering what other features there might be available...are
> there any mods that allow you to change ability scores and to
> re-customize your character?

I use the Halls Of Advanced Training Deluxe HOTU module by Great Inca (got
it from the neverwintervault).

It lets you level up and down through all 40 levels, change your alignment,
buy and sell stuff from a bunch of vendors (and you can get free gold as
well). It also has an area where you can fight things to test new skills and
feats, and I think it also has an area with traps and locks for the thieves.
Not sure about that last one though.

Devast8or
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 9:04:06 PM

Devast8or wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>>i'm using the 'novice to epic' mod, but i see there are others, and
>>i'm wondering what other features there might be available...are
>>there any mods that allow you to change ability scores and to
>>re-customize your character?
>

> I use the Halls Of Advanced Training Deluxe HOTU module by Great Inca (got
> it from the neverwintervault).

I saw this one, and it seems good, but there are so many different
versions to choose from I didn't know which to get.
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 11:40:22 PM

Yes there are.

I tend to use the PrC character creator to create the character. To
modify stats I use Leto. To sell buy stuff and level up I use the
charater maintenace module.

I also use the Consortium's PrC pack to add new prestige classes ( over
30 at last count).

All these files are available at Neverwintervault.

Kharsis

John Salerno wrote:
> i'm using the 'novice to epic' mod, but i see there are others, and i'm
> wondering what other features there might be available...are there any
> mods that allow you to change ability scores and to re-customize your
> character?
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 3:33:10 AM

Kharsis wrote:

> Yes there are.
>
> I tend to use the PrC character creator to create the character.
I could never get that to work.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 8:11:53 PM

It took me a while - but I wanted to use the new PrC base classes
(Samurai, Ultimate Ranger, Brawler, Archer) and new races.

There is aforum with instructions on the PRC website.

Kharsis

!