Group policy - scheduled task

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 7, 2005 5:27:28 PM

Hi

In May my PC stopped running scheduled tasks (It runs OK if I update the
password, next day it will not run more before the password has been updated
again).

I now have discovered that it is not only my PC that has a problem. All PCs
in the domain have the same problem.

That means someone has changed a policy in our domain with the result that
scheduled tasks can not run.

Question: Do you know which policy that can cause the problem?
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:49:45 AM

Did you change your password on the domain, but not in the scheduled task?
Who is the scheduled task running as? Best practice I follow is to make a
'service' account on the domain with a 'secure' password, and set that user
account to "Password never expires".

hth

Ken

!