Window 2000 Machine StartupShutdown Script

I have added a batch file to Machine Startup Script and Machine Shutdown
Script using Group Policy Console

However, I discovered that both script not run either pc startup or
shutdown, why?

the script for startup is to mount network drive

and the script for shutdown is to umount network drive

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about window 2000 machine startupshutdown script

    Is the computer account directly located in the OU to which you've applied
    this GPO? Also, does the "Everyone" group have access to the network share?
    If not, the computer may not be able to see it, and therefore will not map
    it.

    Ken

    "ºa¤Ö@¤½¥q" <ºa¤Ö@¾ã»æ.¨p¤H¤½¥q> wrote in message
    >I have added a batch file to Machine Startup Script and Machine Shutdown
    > Script using Group Policy Console
    >
    > However, I discovered that both script not run either pc startup or
    > shutdown, why?
    >
    > the script for startup is to mount network drive
    >
    > and the script for shutdown is to umount network drive
    >
    > Thanks

    Sorry...What means of OU?
    I have specified the username and password in the batch file

    the script for startup like as follow

    Net use P: \\ShareServer\DriverName password /user:username

    And the script for shutdown
    Net user P: \delete
    "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is the computer account directly located in the OU to which you've applied
    > this GPO? Also, does the "Everyone" group have access to the network
    share?
    > If not, the computer may not be able to see it, and therefore will not map
    > it.
    >
    > Ken
    >
    > "ºa¤Ö@¤½¥q" <ºa¤Ö@¾ã»æ.¨p¤H¤½¥q> wrote in message
    > >I have added a batch file to Machine Startup Script and Machine Shutdown
    > > Script using Group Policy Console
    > >
    > > However, I discovered that both script not run either pc startup or
    > > shutdown, why?
    > >
    > > the script for startup is to mount network drive
    > >
    > > and the script for shutdown is to umount network drive
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Hi,

    ºa¤Ö@¤½¥q schrieb:
    > Sorry...What means of OU?

    Organisational Unit.

    > I have specified the username and password in the batch file
    > the script for startup like as follow
    > Net use P: \\ShareServer\DriverName password /user:username

    net use doesn´t work in a computer environment. It needs
    a user context. So you can´t map the networkdrive with
    a computerstartup script. You have to use a User login script.

    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

    Hi Mark,

    It works now~~

    Really thanks for your help

    And I would like to know how can I know the script is machine environment or
    user environment or for both?

    Thanks

    ??@?? schrieb:
    > It works now~~
    > Really thanks for your help
    > And I would like to know how can I know the script is machine environment or
    > user environment or for both?

    It depends on the commands you are using, so you just have
    to try and error it out ...

    e.g. a copy command with UNC pathes work with both, but a copy
    with mapped drives only work in a user context.

    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
    W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
    PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

    o~~~ really thanks ar Mark~~
    ^.^
    > Hi,
    >
    > ??@?? schrieb:
    > > It works now~~
    > > Really thanks for your help
    > > And I would like to know how can I know the script is machine
    environment or
    > > user environment or for both?
    >
    > It depends on the commands you are using, so you just have
    > to try and error it out ...
    >
    > e.g. a copy command with UNC pathes work with both, but a copy
    > with mapped drives only work in a user context.
    >
    > Mark
    > --
    > Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    > Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de