Window 2000 Machine StartupShutdown Script

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 11, 2005 10:04:14 PM

I have added a batch file to Machine Startup Script and Machine Shutdown
Script using Group Policy Console

However, I discovered that both script not run either pc startup or
shutdown, why?

the script for startup is to mount network drive

and the script for shutdown is to umount network drive

Thanks
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:04:15 PM

Is the computer account directly located in the OU to which you've applied
this GPO? Also, does the "Everyone" group have access to the network share?
If not, the computer may not be able to see it, and therefore will not map
it.

Ken

"ºa¤Ö@¤½¥q" <ºa¤Ö@¾ã»æ.¨p¤H¤½¥q> wrote in message
>I have added a batch file to Machine Startup Script and Machine Shutdown
> Script using Group Policy Console
>
> However, I discovered that both script not run either pc startup or
> shutdown, why?
>
> the script for startup is to mount network drive
>
> and the script for shutdown is to umount network drive
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 1:33:03 PM

Sorry...What means of OU?
I have specified the username and password in the batch file

the script for startup like as follow

Net use P: \\ShareServer\DriverName password /user:username

And the script for shutdown
Net user P: \delete
"Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is the computer account directly located in the OU to which you've applied
> this GPO? Also, does the "Everyone" group have access to the network
share?
> If not, the computer may not be able to see it, and therefore will not map
> it.
>
> Ken
>
> "ºa¤Ö@¤½¥q" <ºa¤Ö@¾ã»æ.¨p¤H¤½¥q> wrote in message
> >I have added a batch file to Machine Startup Script and Machine Shutdown
> > Script using Group Policy Console
> >
> > However, I discovered that both script not run either pc startup or
> > shutdown, why?
> >
> > the script for startup is to mount network drive
> >
> > and the script for shutdown is to umount network drive
> >
> > Thanks

August 12, 2005 1:33:04 PM

Hi,

ºa¤Ö@¤½¥q schrieb:
> Sorry...What means of OU?

Organisational Unit.

> I have specified the username and password in the batch file
> the script for startup like as follow
> Net use P: \\ShareServer\DriverName password /user:username

net use doesn´t work in a computer environment. It needs
a user context. So you can´t map the networkdrive with
a computerstartup script. You have to use a User login script.

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

Hi Mark,

It works now~~

Really thanks for your help

And I would like to know how can I know the script is machine environment or
user environment or for both?

Thanks

"Mark Heitbrink [MVP]" <spam-only@gruppenrichtlinien.de> wrote in message
news:o S5$Q2wnFHA.3020@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> ºa¤Ö@¤½¥q schrieb:
> > Sorry...What means of OU?
>
> Organisational Unit.
>
> > I have specified the username and password in the batch file
> > the script for startup like as follow
> > Net use P: \\ShareServer\DriverName password /user:username
>
> net use doesn´t work in a computer environment. It needs
> a user context. So you can´t map the networkdrive with
> a computerstartup script. You have to use a User login script.
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
> Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
> W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
> PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 9:42:44 PM

Hi,

??@?? schrieb:
> It works now~~
> Really thanks for your help
> And I would like to know how can I know the script is machine environment or
> user environment or for both?

It depends on the commands you are using, so you just have
to try and error it out ...

e.g. a copy command with UNC pathes work with both, but a copy
with mapped drives only work in a user context.

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de