software installation local rights

Hi all hope you can help
I want to rollout outlook 2003 via gpo i have setup an ou applied policy but
it will only work if the domain user is member of the local windows xp
machine power users group.
is there a run as command or am i barking up the wrong tree.

warren

"never use APC ups software it kills win2k servers"
1 answer Last reply
More about software installation local rights

    "" wrote:
    > Hi all hope you can help
    > I want to rollout outlook 2003 via gpo i have setup an ou
    > applied policy but
    > it will only work if the domain user is member of the local
    > windows xp
    > machine power users group.
    > is there a run as command or am i barking up the wrong tree.
    >
    > warren
    >
    > "never use APC ups software it kills win2k servers"

    Hi,

    I deploy all my software via AG Group Policy including MS Office.

    1> Assign it to Computers Instead of Users. Then on the next restart
    it will install the software under the Machine account which
    automatically has full Admin access.

    2> Create path to UNC path as startup scripts don’t recognized
    mapped drives. Also make sure the Share has "Domain Computers" group
    as at least Read.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-software-installation-local-rights-ftopict409398.html