How do I run DCGPOFIX

I have a problem that the GPO fails on my new AD PDC. I have only just
installed it so I can only assume that something went wrong. I have read
some of the posts here and I thought I would try Dcgpofix. However I seem to
be having trouble executing it.

If I just type DCgpofix, I get some questions about am I sure, and nothing
seems to happen after this even if I say Yes to both questions.

If I run Dcgpofix /Target: BOTH it tells me it is not a valid parameter.
also DC and Domain don't work in this syntax what am I doing wrong? I am
sure I am doing something stupid?

Please Help
Regards
Rowland

Problem resolved. It is caused by NetBios not being enabled over TCP/IP.

Totally understandable, but mad. Could do with a Knowledge base artcicle to
make life quicker!

Thanks anyway
Rowland

"Rowland Costin" <technical@selven.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a problem that the GPO fails on my new AD PDC. I have only just
>installed it so I can only assume that something went wrong. I have read
>some of the posts here and I thought I would try Dcgpofix. However I seem
>to be having trouble executing it.
>
> If I just type DCgpofix, I get some questions about am I sure, and nothing
> seems to happen after this even if I say Yes to both questions.
>
> If I run Dcgpofix /Target: BOTH it tells me it is not a valid parameter.
> also DC and Domain don't work in this syntax what am I doing wrong? I am
> sure I am doing something stupid?
>
> Please Help
> Regards
> Rowland