Remove common program groups from Start Menu problem

When I enable "Remove common program groups from Start Menu", it also removes
the "All Users" desktop icons.

User Configurations\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar

I am trying to redirect the users' Start Menu, but I want them to see the
"All Users" desktop icons.
1 answer Last reply
More about remove common program groups start menu problem

    Hi Doug,

    This is by definition

    "Removes items in the All Users profile from the Programs menu on the Start
    menu. By default, the Programs menu contains items from the All Users
    profile and items from the user's profile. If you enable this setting, only
    items in the user's profile appear in the Programs menu. Tip: To see the
    Program menu items in the All Users profile, on the system drive, go to
    Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs."

    br,
    Denis

    "Doug Lee" <DougLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I enable "Remove common program groups from Start Menu", it also
    removes
    > the "All Users" desktop icons.
    >
    > User Configurations\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar
    >
    > I am trying to redirect the users' Start Menu, but I want them to see the
    > "All Users" desktop icons.

Start Menu Microsoft Desktop Icons Windows