Remove common program groups from Start Menu problem

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 18, 2005 3:09:06 PM

When I enable "Remove common program groups from Start Menu", it also removes
the "All Users" desktop icons.

User Configurations\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar

I am trying to redirect the users' Start Menu, but I want them to see the
"All Users" desktop icons.
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 3:03:55 PM

Hi Doug,

This is by definition

"Removes items in the All Users profile from the Programs menu on the Start
menu. By default, the Programs menu contains items from the All Users
profile and items from the user's profile. If you enable this setting, only
items in the user's profile appear in the Programs menu. Tip: To see the
Program menu items in the All Users profile, on the system drive, go to
Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs."

br,
Denis

!