Logon script not working

I'm running a Windows 2003 server, Active Directory and Windows XP pro
client workstations. I create an OU (Accounting Users) and I wrote a
simple batch file to map network drives using NET USE.

I created a GPO, attached to the Accounting Users OU and set the user
logon script to the MappedDrives.bat file (which is in the
%sysvol%[...etc] folder.

When the users logon other elements of the GPO seem to be working but
the logon script does not map the drives.

What am I missing here?

-Fran-
6 answers Last reply
More about logon script working

    Hi,

    Fran schrieb:
    > I created a GPO, attached to the Accounting Users OU and set the user
    > logon script to the MappedDrives.bat file (which is in the
    > %sysvol%[...etc] folder.

    The Path is ...\{GUID of GPO}\USER\Scripts?
    You only have to set the name of the script, the path
    is "predifined".

    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

    I have copied the file (script) into the path but still it does not
    run as I have no mapped drives under this user account.

    >Hi,
    >
    >Fran schrieb:
    >> I created a GPO, attached to the Accounting Users OU and set the user
    >> logon script to the MappedDrives.bat file (which is in the
    >> %sysvol%[...etc] folder.
    >
    >The Path is ...\{GUID of GPO}\USER\Scripts?
    >You only have to set the name of the script, the path
    >is "predifined".
    >
    >Mark

    I usually put those scripts in the folder that'll pop up automagically when
    you click "Show files" button. That might solve your problem.

    HTH

    Ken

    <Fran> wrote in message news:16vgg11ael2qd8fam61vbq7h26ss21qcs7@4ax.com...
    >I have copied the file (script) into the path but still it does not
    > run as I have no mapped drives under this user account.
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Fran schrieb:
    >>> I created a GPO, attached to the Accounting Users OU and set the user
    >>> logon script to the MappedDrives.bat file (which is in the
    >>> %sysvol%[...etc] folder.
    >>
    >>The Path is ...\{GUID of GPO}\USER\Scripts?
    >>You only have to set the name of the script, the path
    >>is "predifined".
    >>
    >>Mark

    Yes, this is what I did. I have a folder named "Scripts" that I put
    all of my .vbs or .bat files into as I work on them. When I link one
    to a GPO I click on the "View Files" button and copy and paste from
    scripts to this "View Files" folder for the GPO. But still it doesn't
    seem to run.

    I did run the RSoP on the GPO and it doesn't even show that there is a
    script to be run in the startup but I can manually verify that it is
    there.

    -Fran-

    Fran schrieb:
    > I did run the RSoP on the GPO and it doesn't even show that there is a
    > script to be run in the startup but I can manually verify that it is
    > there.

    Did you work with DSACls filter on the GPO?
    Replication Problems?
    Is the user inside the OU?
    Does it work manully as thi user?

    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
    W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
    PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

    I am setting a computer policy and the computers are in there own OU.

    "Mark Heitbrink [MVP]" <spam-only@gruppenrichtlinien.de> wrote in message
    > Fran schrieb:
    >> I did run the RSoP on the GPO and it doesn't even show that there is a
    >> script to be run in the startup but I can manually verify that it is
    >> there.
    >
    > Did you work with DSACls filter on the GPO?
    > Replication Problems?
    > Is the user inside the OU?
    > Does it work manully as thi user?
    >
    > Mark
    > --
    > Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    > Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
    > W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
    > PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.

Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Windows