Fran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003

My client wants me to ensure that all compturers on the LAN have the
company designated wallpaper, set it up so this cannot be changed and
have certain applications automatically install (if not already
installed) on a group of PC's.

This seems easy enough in Group Policy but I cannot figure out how to
successfully pull this off. I tried assigning a test app to a GPO so
it would run at logon but it did not install.

Is there anywhere I can get step by step instructions? This is Windows
Server 2003 and Windows XP client (professional). I have read where
this can be done but no examples. The graphic is a .bmp file and the
app will (eventually) be MS Office (pro11.msi?)

Thanks for any help.

-Fran-

Bear

Hi Fran,

Here is a great resource to wet your feet with:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/directory/activedirectory/stepbystep/default.mspx

Your specific questions should be answered within and are too involved to
answer in a paragraph or two.

"Fran" wrote:

> My client wants me to ensure that all compturers on the LAN have the
> company designated wallpaper, set it up so this cannot be changed and
> have certain applications automatically install (if not already
> installed) on a group of PC's.
>
> This seems easy enough in Group Policy but I cannot figure out how to
> successfully pull this off. I tried assigning a test app to a GPO so
> it would run at logon but it did not install.
>
> Is there anywhere I can get step by step instructions? This is Windows
> Server 2003 and Windows XP client (professional). I have read where
> this can be done but no examples. The graphic is a .bmp file and the
> app will (eventually) be MS Office (pro11.msi?)
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -Fran-

Fran

Distinguished