Will wrote:
> Is this going to f*** up the CEP stuff again?

Nevermind CEP; I can't run the 3rd chapter of SoU anymore.

Action List Overflow messages regarding the Burning Men as my computer's
performance quickly drops to it's knees.
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."

everlast wrote:
> Will wrote:
>
>>Is this going to f*** up the CEP stuff again?
>

> Nevermind CEP; I can't run the 3rd chapter of SoU anymore.
>
> Action List Overflow messages regarding the Burning Men as my computer's
> performance quickly drops to it's knees.

I already finished SoU before I updated, so I don't know if that's the
problem. But even before the update I had a huge problem with running
the maze room, which I think is the room after the one you're talking
about. There's probably just something wrong with that area of the game.

everlast wrote:
> Nevermind CEP; I can't run the 3rd chapter of SoU anymore.
>
> Action List Overflow messages regarding the Burning Men as my computer's
> performance quickly drops to it's knees.

BTW, could anyone check to see if this is happening to them as well?

Just start the last chapter of SoU. Skip the opening cutscenes.

Symptoms:
Within about 1 or 2 minutes performace will be down to nothing.

If you set "DebugMode 1" (while you still can early on), you will see
tons of messages along the lines of "Action List Overflow Tag: Burning
Man".

By editing a copy of that chapter and running it, I've determined that a
user-defined function on the Burning Men that is supposed to execute
every 6 - 18 seconds for each one is actually being called dozens and
dozens of times per second, but I don't know why.
--

"Will" <nospam@dot.com> wrote in message
> Is this going to f*** up the CEP stuff again?

On a side note, does anyone know where a no-cd patch is for patch 1.65

I found one for patch 165b2 but not the final.

Thanks

Gothic Midnight wrote:
> On a side note, does anyone know where a no-cd patch is for patch 1.65
>
> I found one for patch 165b2 but not the final.

Keep an eye on gamecopyworld.com. It should be available soon.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Anyone know if there is a ftp site to get this?

I am having trouble with the 'update' function (file not found) and
the 66meg crit rebuild is near impossible to d/l.

"everlast" <everlast@jmjservices.com> wrote in message
> everlast wrote:
>> Nevermind CEP; I can't run the 3rd chapter of SoU anymore.
>>
>> Action List Overflow messages regarding the Burning Men as my computer's
>> performance quickly drops to it's knees.
>
> BTW, could anyone check to see if this is happening to them as well?
>
> Just start the last chapter of SoU. Skip the opening cutscenes.
>
> Symptoms:
> Within about 1 or 2 minutes performace will be down to nothing.
>
> If you set "DebugMode 1" (while you still can early on), you will see tons
> of messages along the lines of "Action List Overflow Tag: Burning Man".
>
> By editing a copy of that chapter and running it, I've determined that a
> user-defined function on the Burning Men that is supposed to execute every
> 6 - 18 seconds for each one is actually being called dozens and dozens of
> times per second, but I don't know why.
> --
> My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
> "Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
> - Tip from Doom3 Manual

Yeppers, I have that problem as well *Shoves patch 1.65 up Biowares A##*

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:20:02 GMT, "Gothic Midnight" <shadow@realm.net> wrote:

>"Will" <nospam@dot.com> wrote in message
>> Is this going to f*** up the CEP stuff again?
>>

>On a side note, does anyone know where a no-cd patch is for patch 1.65
>
>I found one for patch 165b2 but not the final.

Don't you think it is about time that Bioware did this themselves?

Vellu

Memnoch kirjoitti:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:20:02 GMT, "Gothic Midnight" <shadow@realm.net> wrote:
>

>>"Will" <nospam@dot.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Is this going to f*** up the CEP stuff again?
>>>

>>On a side note, does anyone know where a no-cd patch is for patch 1.65
>>
>>I found one for patch 165b2 but not the final.
>

> Don't you think it is about time that Bioware did this themselves?

I doubt they ever will, even though it has legimate uses (aswell as the
not-so-legimate).

"gobadaba" <gabadaba@sehag.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know if there is a ftp site to get this?
>
> I am having trouble with the 'update' function (file not found) and
> the 66meg crit rebuild is near impossible to d/l.

You can try 3dgamers,

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/neverwinternights/downloads/

I usually have trouble downloading from them but.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:24:25 +0200, vellu <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Memnoch kirjoitti:
>> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:20:02 GMT, "Gothic Midnight" <shadow@realm.net> wrote:
>>

>>>"Will" <nospam@dot.com> wrote in message

>>>On a side note, does anyone know where a no-cd patch is for patch 1.65
>>>
>>>I found one for patch 165b2 but not the final.
>>

>> Don't you think it is about time that Bioware did this themselves?
>
>I doubt they ever will, even though it has legimate uses (aswell as the
>not-so-legimate).

But surely by now they are over the hump that anti piracy has on initial
sales.

I have the PrC installed can I upgrade and still be able 2 use my saved
games?

"M!ke" <nospamm1k3@atlas.cz> wrote in message
>I have the PrC installed can I upgrade and still be able 2 use my saved
>games?
> Will wrote:
>
>> Is this going to f*** up the CEP stuff again?

I ran into some problems with the PrC installed. The update didn't want to
install and once I managed to finish the installation, saved games wouldn't
work.

what's PrC?

Peridot wrote:

> "M!ke" <nospamm1k3@atlas.cz> wrote in message
>
>>I have the PrC installed can I upgrade and still be able 2 use my saved
>>games?
>>Will wrote:
>>

>>>Is this going to f*** up the CEP stuff again?
>>>

> I ran into some problems with the PrC installed. The update didn't want to
> install and once I managed to finish the installation, saved games wouldn't
> work.

Ok, that answers my question.