HELP! How to Stop Roaming 2000 profile corrupting Local XP..

Here is the problem.

We have set up XP on my machine. All the other Network PC's are still
on 2000. Upon logging onto a 2000 machine either locally or via Citrix
the XP profile becomes corrupted on my machine. This can happen even
while the XP machine is still logged in and while the XP profile is set
to local.

This leads to Network access problems even to files I have created
myself... error is.

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not
have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Deleting the roaming profile on the server and removing the local XP
profile fixes the problem, however I have now done this several times
and it is getting a little tiring setting up all my icons, mail, etc.
again and again...

So until all the PCs are converted to XP (including Citrix servers) we
are going to have this issue.

There must be a way to set up the local policy on the XP machine to
stop all updates to the local profile ?

Please Advise.

Ok these are the steps I went through to try and resolve the issue...

1. Remove profile from server and create new profile on my xp machine
2. set my profile to local (right click my computer, Advanced Tab, User
profiles, settings)
3. gpedit.msc
--> Computer Config -> Administrative Templates -> System ->
User Profiles...
Enable 1. Prevent Roaming Profile Changes from
propogating to Server
2. Only allow local user profiles

This worked for a few days but upon logging in this morning the profile
has become corrupt again ?

Last night I logged into a Citrix session (hosted by a 2000 pc) and
this morning the scheduler ran a program for me overnight from my local
hard drive. I was suprised because it ran even while I was logged out.

Any ideas ?