Dirty Durden

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Look, I work my a$$ off for my money (I don't sit behind a desk, its hands on all day). For me to work weeks of my life just to buy items from newegg is my problem. But when I save for months & months behind the wife's back to buy a new motherboard just to receive a opened boxed MB is enough to drive me mad. Maybe if this was the first time, maybe I would understand, but this is the 3rd time. The last 2 times I overlooked it because it was not a sensitive part like a MB. For newegg to send out opened boxed items no matter what it is, is beyond deceitful. For them to send out a opened boxed MB is asking people to never buy from them again.

When I place an order, I have invested weeks of time into that item & waited just to make sure that is the part I want. By this time cannot wait to receive it. I am like a kid before Xmas & online retailers know this. They expect you to not to RMA & wait 2 or 3 weeks for the new one to ship. So they just unloaded a opened boxed item on you & made their money back at your expense.

I am done with this BS. I will be buying local even at double the prices. Micro Center has the same prices, if not lower & if I have a problem, they are right around the corner.

Shame on you newegg you just lost a customer that is always saving to upgrade their PC. This was my 2nd PC within a year. The last couple times I lost, but this time you lose!

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
A lot of guys like newegg. I personally though am not that fond of newegg. Sure prices are great, but don't like some of their return policies. I personally like to shop at Microcenter. If you have one near you, check them out. They are basically like a giant walmart of computer parts, but pretty much have online pricing comparable to newegg, etc.

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Except at Microcenter you wait in line for 15 minutes! I'm in and out of newegg in half that time. If they send me opened items I'll return for replacement, you see it cost them money. Now were even.

Feb 24, 2006
Dear Dirty Durden,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please understand, Newegg would never intentionally send you anything other than what you ordered and will make every effort to correct any errors on our end and to get you a replacement ASAP. We will be contacting you shortly to make sure we make this right in your eyes. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact agent Maverick Iniguez at Maverick.B.Iniguez@newegg.com or call him at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062.

Thank you,

Newegg.com

Not the kind of typo you want to make in that kind of post.

One question that comes up is just how or what makes you think it was Open BOX ?? - was it that the MOBO box was not factory sealed ?? (If so all MOBOs are sold that way - even at retail locations the MOBOs are never sealed !)

Dirty Durden

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009

I love Mirco Center, just bought a Intel i7 950 for $239 in store. I go in there and spend hrs looking around.

Dirty Durden

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009

LOL, really Newegg made it up to me in a big way. They are good people, just some growing pains.

Dirty Durden

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009

I know, a little late in responding. I was missing the manual & the CD drivers