Logon scripts not working with VPN

I wasn't really sure where to put this post so I decided to put it here. If
someone thinks there is a better place for it, let me know.

My problem is that I login to a client computer locally(the local account
doesn't match the domain account). When I am in Windows I execute my VPN
connection with the domain credentials and all seems to be well (I can ping
internal addresses and have an internal IP on that IF). I was wondering why
my login script isn't being applied. It doesn't even attempt to run the
script. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

-Steven-

Logon scripts run when you logon - that is, when the Windows Session is
created. Establishing a VPN connection is not "logging on" - the Windows
Session was already created when you logged on using the local acount, so
there is no readon for the logon script to run. Similarly, any GPOs that
apply to your user account won't be processed either.

Some VPN clients can be configured to run as a "service", so they are always
active. Then, since the VPN connection is in place before you "logon", your
logon script should run. However, even if your VPN client supports running
as a service, that may not be something you cn do on a client's computer.

If you logon remotely to a computer (e.g. user Remote Desktop connection),
the logon script should run in that remote session.

So, an option may be:
1. logon locally to the client's computer
2. launch the VPN session
3. launch Remote Desktop Connection (comes with XP - Start, All Programs,
Accessories, Communications)
4. supply the name of your computer in the domain
5. supply your domain credentials

Your logon script should run in this remote Windows Session.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/