ram prices went down?

dtemp

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
I just bought two more sticks of ram cause the price of the product i was watching went from $235 to $180 in the course of a week.

BaldEagle

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
Yes, there was at least a 10% drop in DDR2 memory last week. I picked up 2GB of GEIL DDR2 PC2 6400 that had been hovering around 210-220 for 4 months for 185 over the weekend. Funny why would the memory that everyone needs for VISTA drop in price just ahead of VISTA release. Did Gates tinker with the market price or is it just a remarkable coincidence?

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
My macbook works fine with 512mb of ram, but it is feeling kinda slugish lately. And another GB couldnt hurt! My Emac on the other hand is a huge POS, its got about 5gb of disk space left (comes with a 40gb standard), and it only has 256mb of ram. The GUI doesnt even work right, it has so little ram windows and buttons will just randomly freeze (like everything else works completly fine, but the minimize button on a window is frozen.). And the fact that it doesnt even have enough HDD space left over for the page out thing to function properly doesnt help either.

rockyjohn

Distinguished
I had read earlier that some were forecasting a softening of prices in the RAM market in mid 2007 due to a number of new fabs coming on line. Although I too was wondering about the impact of Vista on demand.